• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP - February Jam - February 6-8, 2015

adventureoffroadpark

We are extremely happy and honored to host the Feb Jam ride in 2015. Please join us for this great trail ride event. Park prices will be $15 per person per day for this event only. This will help out the single rider folks on cost.

Wait a minute.... An event called February Jam the very same weekend as the original February Jam ride at Hale Mtn? ???

TacomaJD said:
Wait a minute.... An event called February Jam the very same weekend as the original February Jam ride at Hale Mtn? ???

Yes, the AOP event was first on the calendar. I thought it odd also. Somebody is not as original as the other. Not sure which planned and named the ride first.

The OP in this thread is stating they are "Hosting" Feb Jam, which sounds like maybe the crew that put on feb jam at Iron Gap back in the day and Hale Mtn for the past couple years have now moved it to AOP?

I remember going to Feb Jam when it was at iron gap, then it moved to Hale and we have been going there for the past 2-3 years. Hale is having it this year again so who knows.

Re:

It was always in Cowen, then went to Iron gap when Cowen was closed down. But cops got to be a pain in the ass up there, so a few years ago some started going to Hale mountain. But cops moved in to harass people going in there because they didn't have enough parking and people was having to park down the gravel road. So cops set up camp on the road. But Hale mountain pissed off the guys that used to be the main organizers of it. So they ask about moving it to AOP so there would be no problems. That is the short story, maybe one of the guys that have been involved for over the last 20 or so years will chime in and explain it better.

Its funny how the Feb jam is still alive. Even though it has changed locations several times. Just alittle back ground on the Feb jam. It started out as a hiking/camping/get drunk trip in Cowan,TN. way back in the 80's. Then when everyone started getting 3 and 4 wheelers it changed into a 4 wheeler/Jeep ride/get drunk/campout. Everyone knew it was this first weekend of Feb. every year. This went on until sometime in the mid to late 90's. Then it moved to Iron Gap. Then to where ever they have a Feb Jam now. LOL...... I will dig up some of the old pics.

It actually started in 1978. I talked to the man this morning who started it all, Mr. Rick L. The first thing he ask me is where are you having Feb Jam at this year. I laughed and said Adventure Off-road Park. He said that's awesome that we still keep it going and he is thinking about coming and camping with us. I promised him sixteen years ago I would never let this wonderful tradition he started end and I WON'T. That is why it bothers me when I see other parks try to have a ride called Feb Jam without us hosting it there. It would be the same if five different parks tried to claim they were having Dixie Run next year. It just wouldn't be right. If Hale wants to have a ride in Feb that's fine. I just wish they would not use this name and start their own tradition.

Cliff Gulley said:
It actually started in 1978. I talked to the man this morning who started it all, Mr. Rick L. The first thing he ask me is where are you having Feb Jam at this year. I laughed and said Adventure Off-road Park. He said that's awesome that we still keep it going and he is thinking about coming and camping with us. I promised him sixteen years ago I would never let this wonderful tradition he started end and I WON'T. That is why it bothers me when I see other parks try to have a ride called Feb Jam without us hosting it there. It would be the same if five different parks tried to claim they were having Dixie Run next year. It just wouldn't be right. If Hale wants to have a ride in Feb that's fine. I just wish they would not use this name and start their own tradition.

Exactly what I was curious about. Initially knowing it had been at Hale the past couple years, I assumed AOP may have been infringing a bit. Now we know that is not the case.

Cliff Gulley said:

I guess I missed it by a couple years,LOL. Alot of water under the bridge since then. I was on the first one and every other one that was held in Cowan. Alot of good times for sure. How old was you in '78 Cliff?

Several of us in Florida heading up to AOP for the weekend. Looking forward to it!

Mr. leafspring said:
I STILL PLAN TO GO TO HALE MT. I DONT CARE IF IM THE ONLY ONE THERE CAUSE I NEVER BEEN .... but i dont wanna go to jail while im there :wtflol: :wtflol:

Haha no one is going to jail at hale mtn for riding. We didn't have any problems last year. Come on with it!!

xjkrawler said:
Haha no one is going to jail at hale mtn for riding. We didn't have any problems last year. Come on with it!!

And I was there the year before last and never saw any cops either, so I'm not sure where that came from. I parked in the field 2 miles away from the park and drove my rig on the pavement and never saw any police pig fuzz.