• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 powerstroke. Good or bad????

Re: Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
You believe the tune did? What truck and engine?

Yes, its a 2012 6.7 only has 58k miles on it, killed first turbo with only 25k miles and just killed another one with only 58k miles.

Re: Re: Re:

Mortalis5509 said:
Common issue with h&s or you an anomaly?

Not sure. I have heard their is an update for the H&S and the tunes aren't as hot. I never tow on anything but tow mode. I will be hooking up an EGT gauge this next go around.

Had the same problem as Cole with the H&S Mini Maxx and turbo deal. But I'm telling you these trucks pull like a dream! Tuned or Not. I'm with you Cole haven't put mine back on yet because need to figure out EGT gauge.

Well, I pulled one of my small trailers with a small car on it this morning. 18 ft tilt trailer with a Nissan versa on it and even though it wasn't much of a load, it was like there was nothing at all there. I need to fix my big trailer and see what that does.

Buford85 said:
Had the same problem as Cole with the H&S Mini Maxx and turbo deal. But I'm telling you these trucks pull like a dream! Tuned or Not. I'm with you Cole haven't put mine back on yet because need to figure out EGT gauge.

I'd be curious to know what exhaust temps these 6.7's are getting up to. I try to keep my 6.6 in the low 1300's or below but I have held it at 1400 before on really hard pulls. I'm nearing 200K with no issues so far. Just wondering if the turbos are junk or if Ford has those motors tuned way up from the factory allowing the egt's to kill the turbo's.

I did see that H&S has this option for EGT monitoring..

http://hs-motorsports.com/11-13-ford-6-7l-factory-egt-solution.html

tallnate said:
I'd be curious to know what exhaust temps these 6.7's are getting up to. I try to keep my 6.6 in the low 1300's or below but I have held it at 1400 before on really hard pulls. I'm nearing 200K with no issues so far. Just wondering if the turbos are junk or if Ford has those motors tuned way up from the factory allowing the egt's to kill the turbo's.

I did see that H&S has this option for EGT monitoring..

http://hs-motorsports.com/11-13-ford-6-7l-factory-egt-solution.html

Have you ever drove a newer Ford? The power is just dumb. The factory 6.7 has every bit as much power as my LLY Duramax did with a 150hp EFI live tune. So I think with the programmer added it just over spins the turbo, they changed the design on the 2015 Fords and now they make around 70Hp more from the factory.

Yes my H&S has the egt option, I just never hooked it up.

Cole said:
Have you ever drove a newer Ford? The power is just dumb. The factory 6.7 has every bit as much power as my LLY Duramax did with a 150hp EFI live tune. So I think with the programmer added it just over spins the turbo, they changed the design on the 2015 Fords and now they make around 70Hp more from the factory.

No, haven't had a chance to drive one yet. I know they make some serious power though. I think Ford makes a great truck and I'd like to consider one when I'm ready to buy my next truck but it's going to be hard to switch when my LBZ has never had a mechanical issue. I've had a tuner on my truck for the past 150K however I rarely run it higher than level 3, 85hp, so maybe that's helped with reliability. Hopefully the new turbo's in the 15' model Ford's prove to be more reliable.

tallnate said:
No, haven't had a chance to drive one yet. I know they make some serious power though. I think Ford makes a great truck and I'd like to consider one when I'm ready to buy my next truck but it's going to be hard to switch when my LBZ has never had a mechanical issue. I've had a tuner on my truck for the past 150K however I rarely run it higher than level 3, 85hp, so maybe that's helped with reliability. Hopefully the new turbo's in the 15' model Ford's prove to be more reliable.

If you have a LBZ, I would never get rid of it.

Is there any other option besides H&S mini max? I remember hearing of spartan but haven't really kept up on any of this stuff. I just picked up a 12 myself and have a mini max and stuff to delete the truck. The mini max was on my buddies truck when it ate the turbo but we kind of chalked it up to pulling a big as trailer.

Cole said:

I haven't pulled a heavy load with mine yet, but the 15 Ford definitely moves it's own weight around easier than my 14 Dodge did. I can't imagine needing to delete this truck for anything other than improved mpg. But all this burned up turbo talk has me thinking I should stay stock and leave well enough alone.

sledneck said:
Is there any other option besides H&S mini max? I remember hearing of spartan but haven't really kept up on any of this stuff. I just picked up a 12 myself and have a mini max and stuff to delete the truck. The mini max was on my buddies truck when it ate the turbo but we kind of chalked it up to pulling a big as trailer.

Yes I had Spartan before H&S and it was nasty but the shifts were pretty harsh and you couldn't change the tune while driving down the road. There are a few companies that offer different tunes now. I was talking with Hypertech the other day and they have a tune that adds 100rwhp and you don't delete the truck.

Cole said:
Yes I had Spartan before H&S and it was nasty but the shifts were pretty harsh and you couldn't change the tune while driving down the road. There are a few companies that offer different tunes now. I was talking with Hypertech the other day and they have a tune that adds 100rwhp and you don't delete the truck.

What does that put the overall HP up to??

Cole, I was just thinking of deleting it to get rid of the def. Dare I say I don't need any more power lol. From everything I have read on the interweb you need to run a tuner to do the delete.

Having my 2015 f350 with 2k miles deleted today. Scares me to death to start playing with another engine after 8 years of owning a 6.0. Want the fuel mileage but trying to figure up what's cheaper fuel or working on my truck monthly. Guess I'll know within the next couple months as I start towing every weekend.

sledneck said:
Cole, I was just thinking of deleting it to get rid of the def. Dare I say I don't need any more power lol. From everything I have read on the interweb you need to run a tuner to do the delete.

Yeah you have to have a tuner to delete the truck, just keep it on the stock setting.

xjpaddler said:
What does that put the overall HP up to??

I honestly don't know, I figure it adds around 150HP on the hot setting but can't remember exactly.

kevinhumphrey said:
Having my 2015 f350 with 2k miles deleted today. Scares me to death to start playing with another engine after 8 years of owning a 6.0. Want the fuel mileage but trying to figure up what's cheaper fuel or working on my truck monthly. Guess I'll know within the next couple months as I start towing every weekend.

The 2015s have an all new Turbo design that is much better than the 2011-2014, so I don't think you will have any problems.

I appreciate the encouragement cause after reading some this stuff I was scared shitless. I had a 6.0 with every optional bolt on upgrade and it left me stranded on multiple occasions. Therefore ended up copilot to koh with Trent parks. Way too long of a haul to chance. Hope to raise my mpg cause now it sux not even pulling.

Cole, on yours what setting did you keep it in most of the time when your turbo went out? I've got an 11 deleted with a mini-max and don't want to have to same problem if I can help it. Thanks

Nolan6415 said:
Cole, on yours what setting did you keep it in most of the time when your turbo went out? I've got an 11 deleted with a mini-max and don't want to have to same problem if I can help it. Thanks

The first time it stayed on Race setting unless I was towing, this last time it stayed on tow setting almost the whole time. Best thing you can do is put an EGT gauge on it and make sure its not running them to high.