• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 powerstroke. Good or bad????

Just picked mine up runs sounds and feels great. Running a sct program on 2 out 5. Truck only has a little over 2k miles didn't wanna stretch it this early.

Thanks for the info. I've been running mine in the street tune to get good mileage and have been easy on it with no issues so far. Ill see about getting an egt gauge so I can see what it does. Thanks

kevinhumphrey said:
Just picked mine up runs sounds and feels great. Running a sct program on 2 out 5. Truck only has a little over 2k miles didn't wanna stretch it this early.

What did it cost you, and who did it? The Cummins forum has a huge efi live thread that's very active about deletes and tunes. I got on PSN and it just doesn't seem very active or much tech on it. Every time someone asks a ? they say delete but there's no tech threads to research. I'm not sure I'd do it as I'm happy with the power, but would love more mpgs.

Jeremy Alexander in Springhill the cost was around 1700. That was with AFE exhaust the SCT tuner and installed but I have yet to see a change in my mileage. Haven't driven it much and everyone says I have to crank the tuner up more to see a big change just scared to do it this early. Let me know if you would like his number

I'm thinking about deleting my 13 6.7 and found this thread what about a update on this Kevenhumphrey?
Still happy what about mileage? This is the main reason for doing it!

I was having trouble with the dpf stopping up when I first bought the truck at 65k. Deleted the 3rd week I had it. At 92k now with no problems. Couldn't be happier.

I just bought three new trucks, 15,16 and 17. The 15 and 16 are c&c while the 17 is a dually. The c&c trucks go through the re gen mode as usually do. I have 18k mies on the 17 and it has yet to regen. I have had a 14,two 15's a 16 and now a 17. Do the 17's show up anywhere when they regen? All the other trucks raise on turbo boost and milage goes way down and they will slightly fall on their face when they go in to regen mode. The 17 has yet to do any of that. Salesmen know didley about their trucks as do the service dept.

I had a 96 7.3 with big injectors, intercooler, big clutch and computer. Gear vendor overdrive. Four door four wheel drive dually, sent to Carolina for a dually conversion. Would get 18 mpg down the interstate and run 85 at 1800 rpm's. 400 hp with 900 lb torque. On paper would run 129 mph. I had it at 3300 rpm's once. I've had 13 trucks looking for that truck again. Many a night I wake up dreaming I'm still driving that truck. Moral of this story, when you get something you like, don't be a **** head and sell it to messicans because they like it too. Yeah, if you like your 7.3, keep it.

My Single wheel 15 F350 had a 6 inch lift with 37 inch tires and the fuel mileage sucked! Got a buddy with a 13 and he is getting around 16 or 17 deleted . My truck actually sold last week I just bought a 2017 Dually and it seems to be doing around 14 and 15 stock. at this point not sure I'm going to do an exhaust delete I hear the government is going to start cracking down Richie Keith and Bobby T were coming home from an event a few months back got pulled over and they were actually checking people for exhaust delete. But I will have to say there is no truck that will stand anywhere near the Ford 6.7 .

It would be hard to go back to a 7.3 from a 6.7 powerstroke. I have to clarify because the 6.7 dodges are giving trouble. They aren't lasting like their predecessors.

my 12 dodge 3500 has 306000 miles runs and drive great it is deleted also have my 2010 2500 that I drive ever day deleted love both of them have 2 7.3 f-450 2005 6.0 1999 2500 2001 3500 all 4x4 take cummins any day have drove 6.7 fords deleted they do run good but still buy RAM with cummins

pholmann said:
It would be hard to go back to a 7.3 from a 6.7 powerstroke. I have to clarify because the 6.7 dodges are giving trouble. They aren't lasting like their predecessors.

The dodge 6.7 I had was junk. Damn truck lived at the dealer. The worst part was if time it rained the back seat filled with water. The boxs under the seat would fill up with water to. POS

617_Racing said:
No doubt! I'm shooting for at least 500K miles on mine, half way there now.

Over 300k on my 7.3, and these 6.7 guys are all like "67k on my truck with no issues" LOL. If I ever sell my 7.3 it is either to get a 6.7 or a Duramax. The previous owner wants has been wanting this truck back since he sold it to me in 2011, but I like it too much.
17499252_10154602167863985_4747734716816793511_n.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved my 03 7.3 I sold 6 months or so ago with 270k on it. Great truck. But it's no comparison to driving these new trucks. No way I could go back to daily driving a 7.3.

My old girl right before I sold it.

Bringing this old thread back from the dead vs starting a new one.

Was talking with a neighbor about the longevity of the 7.3 Powerstroke vs 6.7 Powerstroke trucks.

So after this much time has passed, what's the opinion of 6.7 Powerstroke owners? Love, hate, indifferent, etc

My 2012 F-450 has 190k trouble free miles on it now and is still 100% stock. I bought a new 2017 F-350 last year and have 30k trouble free miles on it.