• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Ok forgive me, I didn't google prior to my response and I haven't done an LS or V-anything swap.

Are those aluminum bushings or inserts on those mounts instead of poly?

Re: Re: Zuk Buggy 2.0

ranger11 said:
prob mock up bushings. so you dont melt when welding.
http://www.chassisunlimited.com/mock-up-bushings.html
LightBnDr said:
Ok forgive me, I didn't google prior to my response and I haven't done an LS or V-anything swap.

Are those aluminum bushings or inserts on those mounts instead of poly?
Bars for setting up mounts

Keeping the hack job theme, I picked up a hack doved hood. I hate welding sheetmetal, so that part is at least already done. Still needs work, but it's a start.

sleepsontoilet said:
Got the hoops in this morning. Then my arbor adapter stripped on the notchmaster, so I'm done for the day.

Mine is about on its last leg too. Hope it'll hold out for a while since it's one of those tools you really don't use all that often but gotta have when you need it.

Those side pics really show how far back your motor is sitting. Looking forward to seeing it work.

clemsonjeep said:
Mine is about on its last leg too. Hope it'll hold out for a while since it's one of those tools you really don't use all that often but gotta have when you need it.

Those side pics really show how far back your motor is sitting. Looking forward to seeing it work.

Had my seat model come out and test fit layout with the new lowbacks. The motor it's probably 6" lower and close to a foot further back. The tcase shifters used to be in front of her seat, and now they're under the middle of her seat. Should have a good weight bias and be really stable. I made the hoops 18" tall, and am now thinking maybe they should come down a touch.

Fully welded the underside, put Barnes4wd gussets on each frame outrigger, shortened shock hoops 3.5", and added a few more tubes. "Technically" the motor pulls right out of the top. Gotta drill the flexplate, and drop the motor back in. Then rework the headers a smidgen, and get seats mounted in the front, so I can figure out how long to make the stern.

[/URL

sleepsontoilet said:
The day wasn't a total loss. I got the Jesse Haines Fabrication Portal Cs on and ready to burn in.

Would you mind getting me a measurement when you get the boxes on the C's. I just need a measurements from the inside edge of the box to the round portion of the "C" where you would normally weld it to the tube, and how much tube extends inside that part. I just scored some boxes super cheap, but I am waiting on Jesse for 2 sets of inner C's and I would like to go ahead and start building my link mounts