• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Zuk Buggy 2.0

Re: Re: Re: Re: Zuk Buggy 2.0

paradisepwoffrd said:
I cant argue as i don't know much about correct geometry for cone dodging but i saw this post:

Car is coming along nice. I would love to build a portal rig one day.

I never saw that post, very interesting. I guess we will see how it does. Worst case I cut it up and redo something. For a rig that doesn't work, he sure wins a lot of comps. Thanks for the compliment, I'm trying to make it semi nice.

Re: Re: Zuk Buggy 2.0

sleepsontoilet said:
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R2019.html

Clearly I paid too much, wish I would've known... :(

Good thing you didn't waste your money on these. I ordered some right after this post was made and here we are the end of may and I still have no product. I was told atleast another week before they would ship. I was trying to save some time, but if they haven't shipped by the end of the week, I'm just gonna make my own I guess. On a related note, I'm still waiting on Jesse to get back with me too. Getting really close to making my own "C"s as well

fl-krawler said:
Good thing you didn't waste your money on these. I ordered some right after this post was made and here we are the end of may and I still have no product. I was told atleast another week before they would ship. I was trying to save some time, but if they haven't shipped by the end of the week, I'm just gonna make my own I guess. On a related note, I'm still waiting on Jesse to get back with me too. Getting really close to making my own "C"s as well

RuffStuff is having a memorial day sale... :stir:

http://youtu.be/O3JnFntnMqI

Totally random but hey, YEARS ago I saw this vid before I ever ran gasper goo. Made me think portals were the only way to walk that trail. Not so

Anyway, at 1:07 in the vid, the guy says "look at that tire fold around that dang deal"

That was a ring tone on my phone for about 6 months and to this day we use that quote at the shop when we are at a loss for words. Kinda like shazaam or golly

Carry on

Had to check clearances on the Jesse Haines Fabrication portals, and I'm pretty happy.

Approach angle at 108" wheelbase.

18" belly, 24" at the tube, 20" at the diff at bump on 42s.

LightBnDr said:

Totally random but hey, YEARS ago I saw this vid before I ever ran gasper goo. Made me think portals were the only way to walk that trail. Not so

Anyway, at 1:07 in the vid, the guy says "look at that tire fold around that dang deal"

That was a ring tone on my phone for about 6 months and to this day we use that quote at the shop when we are at a loss for words. Kinda like shazaam or golly

Carry on

:rolf:

That's good stuff

sleepsontoilet said:
Had to check clearances on the Jesse Haines Fabrication portals, and I'm pretty happy.

18" belly, 24" at the tube, 20" at the diff at bump on 42s.

Very impressive, If anyone is wondering what kind of difference that makes, my 60 diff was right at 14inches with the same tires. :eek:

LightBnDr said:

Carry on

:rolf: that's good stuff

LightBnDr said:

Carry on

Haha, those two guys are local to me. Russ is the buggy driver/owner and the guy talking is zebrajeep on here. He has the SS sxor buggy for sale on here right now. Both solid dudes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That dude better autograph my rig and my phone when I meet him. That quote has made history in my world. Sheesh for 8 years. Lol

Sweet vid

fl-krawler said:
Quite a bit. Thanks! :smoke:

Jesse said for inner shaft measurements he puts the 3rd in and measures from cross pin in the locker to the end of the tube, then adds 5". He said his Branik shafts don't use a clip like the RCVs do fyi.

Knocked out the rest of the rear/ top of the cage and the harness bar. Now I need to figure out the X bracing behind the seats.

Grabbed a couple valves for the fuel system plumbing.

I wish I had the time to design an onboard air system to fill, deflate and retain/separate all oil in my fox emulsions.

I ride on bump stops literally. My limit straps control my droop by 1" before the shocks fully extend. So truly I could take them off and feel no difference.

I'd love to be able to fill them after a trail and blast the access roads like a boss then deflate for trails on bump stops

Anyway, carry on. Looking good

LightBnDr said:
I wish I had the time to design an onboard air system to fill, deflate and retain/separate all oil in my fox emulsions.

I ride on bump stops literally. My limit straps control my droop by 1" before the shocks fully extend. So truly I could take them off and feel no difference.

I'd love to be able to fill them after a trail and blast the access roads like a boss then deflate for trails on bump stops

Anyway, carry on. Looking good
That really wouldn't be too hard to design. N2 tank, filter, and few electric valves.

On a similar topic. I have thought about building a crawler with nothing but 6-8" 2.5 air bumps and limit straps.

No joke that's pretty much what I run. No air bumps though

I don't wanna run N2. I just wanna run compressed air with a dryer maybe to keep moisture down. Wanna keep monies low