• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

slravenel said:
:stir: sumbitch made it up all the climbs easier then the other folks did though

I'm calling bullshit. You got there late right? Being less black out doesn't count. You likely had a coherency advantage. :spin: booyang :drinkers: :driving: :woot: :woot:

wizzo said:
I'm calling bullshit. You got there late right? Being less black out doesn't count. You likely had a coherency advantage. :spin: booyang :drinkers: :driving: :woot: :woot:

laughing1 when we got there Dobash was already playing the same 3 songs as loud as it would go on repeat... safe to say he was stone cold sober :****:

Just welding and welding and welding and welding and welding and welding and welding

this is the longest and least favorite part of the builds for me laughing1

Got the first flop out of the way.

GAklUjb.jpg

And the first roll....

1NmYgNb.jpg

smbroady82 said:
haha! just saw this

How close is it getting? Would love to see some progress pics.

Its right on the edge...it still looks like it did in the last picture but just a ton more wire in it. For some reason this one took me a lot longer to weld than mine and the other one. I think I have about 20-24 hours in weld time / waiting on duty cycle in this one VS about 13-15 hours in mine...but no worries, we will make up time in the reassembly phase. Hoping to have it all done this weekend and off to powder next weekend. All of the welding is done minus im sure 1 or 2 joints that I missed and will catch when we roll it again; all the zip tie tabs are in and welded; going to weld in the flanges and finish the skid placements this weekend; and roll it, clean up any imperfections, and rock out.

We are going to put the interior back in it 1 more time to make sure its all good and nothing shifted during welding since Todd is powdering the panels as well we would rather do that vs have to grind or drill on nice panels.

Once it comes back from powder it should go back together pretty quickly...thats the easy part.

Todd did make a change on the front axle, so that will be an adjustment that will need to be made as we go back together, but mounts and all should stay the same and shouldnt affect anything.

smbroady82 said:
Awesome, can't wait to see it done!
I know Todd has to be super excited.

we are pumped too! its going to be really cool to see another twin of mine out there and I know todd will have a great time with this thing...its the perfect buggy for him and I cant wait to see it on its lid laughing1 :****:

slravenel said:
we are pumped too! its going to be really cool to see another twin of mine out there and I know todd will have a great time with this thing...its the perfect buggy for him and I cant wait to see it on its lid laughing1 :****:

Shouldn't take too long to see that ! One night ride with Dobosh oughta do it 8)

Nothing terribly groundbreaking, but we are just final checking things getting ready for Todd to pick up Friday night to take to powder. Bottle of gas and one and a half 10lbs spools of wire in this thing...

We got the skids on and mounted, and got it flipped back over one more time so we can put the interior back in and make sure nothing shifted (and it if did, to correct it now instead of drilling and cutting on fresh painted panels)

KIvps6r.jpg

boLGzFJ.jpg

fKpQaoB.jpg

Should be on a trailer and headed to TN this next weekend for some color!

Looks nice Lee.

The weld sessions are my favorite. I live for the 20 hour sessions- mig or tig-(things move more when tig welding I've learned...); really gets me in a groove and gets the uniformity on point!

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

Shes off to powder! The next time we see it, its going to be all colorful and ready to start the fun part.

slKmITq.jpg

is8E6tB.jpg

While he was in TN dropping it off for powder, he picked up the few front end from WOD - swapping from his HP60 to a 14bolt with the full build treatment. RCVs, Crane outers, shaved, etc. It might require some work to get it all to fit and line up in there since we were using all of the travel possible with the 60, but worst case he will just lose and inch or so of uptravel.

Qq1mRyl.jpg

BLT94YJ said:
Man I cannot wait to see this rig done! Great work man!

What's your ETC on this?

Its at powder now and we should be getting it back in the next 2 weeks. It should go back together relatively quickly after that - Will be this summer sometime for sure.