• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Partially Committed Racing's buggy #004 build

I love it! Keep the pic's coming. What is the outside measurements of the chassis....widest point to point? Width seems perfect between the wontons

bbtank45 said:
I love it! Keep the pic's coming. What is the outside measurements of the chassis....widest point to point? Width seems perfect between the wontons

Its 54" all the way through the chassis. Sooner or later I will get some pictures of it next to mine so you can really see the difference that 4-6" really makes (thats what she said laughing1)

This size combo is definitely the most proportional looking of the ones we have built so far - mine is a little bit cartoonish looking with the small chassis and the 42s. Which is really all just looks, but this one will LOOK the most like a regular Jeep.

Vp0itiZ.jpg

vs

tdLp3Lk.jpg

Without them sitting next to each other you can even see the size difference....even though dimensionally they arent THAT different.

thanks guys!

auhvbhO.jpg

Another comparison shot to the silver one to add in. This one is a 50" chassis all the way through on 39" tires. It is also the lowest with a 18" belly usually on trail days. Even though it is wider in the A pillar than mine, it physically looks a little smaller when sitting next to it as well.

This is the most "simple" of the 3, no extra tubing (it does have the .188 upgrades), no extra frills, weight saved where possible....etc

The only chassis differences really (besides width) is in the flatter roof line and the upper b pillar is stood up straight as well. Lee is a smaller guy than both me and Todd, so he can get away with the tiny differences in the area around his head. Other than that, the base chassis are the exact same.

Sooner or later we will get a picture with all 3 lined up so you can see the slight differences and what they do to the overall buggy.

Not saying I don't like Todd's or yours, but that grey one is just drop dead gorgeous

Bebop said:
Not saying I don't like Todd's or yours, but that grey one is just drop dead gorgeous

I was just talking about this on Sunday - its actually really funny how pictures make them look so different, but in person sitting there you can only tell a difference because of what color they are - I have no idea why that is...but pictures make buggies look crazy different and trails look crazy easy laughing1

they are damn near identical, with no skins on them and the same tires it would be pretty easy to mix them up if you didnt really know off hand that they were different widths and they wernt sitting right next to each other. Todds on the other hand will look bigger in person as well.

slravenel said:
I was just talking about this on Sunday - its actually really funny how pictures make them look so different, but in person sitting there you can only tell a difference because of what color they are

I've seen both in person and you're completely right. But that grey one just "looks right".

Bebop said:
I've seen both in person and you're completely right. But that grey one just "looks right".

It could have a bit to do with packaging on them. the silver one has "less" stuff in it and uses more light weight crawler based parts and the red one uses more heavy duty "U4" inspired parts even though it never races. Mine is definitely more packed with stuff than his is - bigger seats, bigger fuel cell, more lighting, bigger console inside, bigger tires, bigger (rear) axle, bigger shocks....but its more for the differences in wheeling we both really do. He is a lightweight slow speed crawl guy; I like to get a little bit rowdy sometimes and do a lot of trail riding

2 bare chassis sitting on the ground though...some folks would have a hard time picking which was which thumb.gif

Todds will have a mixture of the two though so it will be interesting to see both ends of the spectrum and then one right in the middle.

redneckengineered said:
They're all equal piles of ****

Your Social Turrets is acting up again isn't it Andrew? Take 2 ludes' and call me in the morning. :flipoff1:

Outstanding rigs, all of them. Great job :dblthumb:

ADMINISTRATOR

still tinkering away on this pile - we are just in the process now where it doesnt look like we are doing anything laughing1

Got the front end tubework finished out. There are still some gussets, some capping, and some flanges to add in, but the shape is there and done.

CPwpO46.jpg

VhF50oO.jpg

Also got the trans cooler fitted up in the rear firewall. We are going to remake the panel and laser it out now that we know the shape and fitment is right. There will be a screen in front of the cooler as well. This should keep it pretty well protected back there and still pull some good clean air from the cab.

TuVzQSM.jpg

Got started on the exhaust last night too, this process is always slow...but slow and steady gets you the best results on exhaust fitting. It can be tough to fit the cuts with no gaps and route the tubes where you need them all while keeping in mind being able to get it in and out once its welded together (and get the starter out without dropping exhaust). Its 2.5" into 3" where the passenger collector will come in. Routes through the belly and right out the side in front of the rear link mounts. Engine skid will of course follow after piping is in place.

zld7q6e.jpg

CUP1fVA.jpg

tAqCGSl.jpg

Based on the tires shouldn't it be titled Partially Commited Racing Bouncer #001 Build?