• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Golden Mountain Park - Closing

Thanks guys for all your input. Im absolutely interested in the property. If i make any solid progress you all will be the first to know. Any vendors or individuals interested in any business dealings with the park feel free to reach out. Insurance is a large part of the equation.

cbrjeeper said:
Thanks guys for all your input. Im absolutely interested in the property. If i make any solid progress you all will be the first to know. Any vendors or individuals interested in any business dealings with the park feel free to reach out. Insurance is a large part of the equation.

I have dreamed of owning a property like this. One of the ideas I had to help get the word out and to just bring in some money would be to hold one of those Tough Mudder or Spartan races on the property. Plenty of hills and obstacles for a foot race like that and every race I've seen pictures of has been packed.

We used to ride it pretty often being it was 30min from the house.The bathrooms/showers need work. Possibly open the old restaurant for dinner during big events? I know one of the main dirt tracks in the area just closed so maybe opening the dirt track up would bring in some people and money. This place would do great with some rock races IMO that's the only difference in this park and anyother park is the events. Trail maintenance is a huge deal.

I love GMP. Please find a way to keep it alive.. My input. just because you asked.
1:Yes street jeep club friendly trails need added. Some RZR friendly trails.
2: Price? Yes you can do members, On that.. If i'm lucky I get to wheel 20 times a year.. 10+ at aop, 3 at chooco, 2 at Hale, 3 at gmp 2 at Morris. Membership at any park is out.
3: cleaning and trail mantaince is easy. give ride tokens to people who show and help.
4: races. any and all kinds. just don't mark price up to much for events.. Not all people go to the park the same weekend events For interest or the crowd.
5: vendors will show if there is money to be made.
6: Quiet camping area option and park security. "not rude "
7: keep it legal as you can. special event ins. and very good release forms. People do get hurt.
8: Be very sure the ladies there love the park.. experience. Happy wife happy life,, more trips to the park, with and without them.
KEEP GMP ALIVE !! I will up my rides to 5+ I love the park, I'm a day rider, It is a 2 1/2 pull each way for the day , or I would go more.

There's a college town five miles up the road. It absolutely is. That's a good idea. College kids eat that crap up.

I think I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but that place has much potential for wedding/event venue.

I know that those events and Wheeling don't tend to go together, but maybe there are options to have both... Such as open for Wheeling on 2 wkends and open for rentals/events in others.

One big thing would be try to find a way to make money in the cold season when not as many wheel.

Maybe put up a bunch of drive through Christmas lights and charge admission. Have a movie playing at a pavilion and Cocoa for sale, etc. Local places here do that and charge $20 per car and are packed out.

That's another great idea. There's tons of room to basically do a "drive in" with a giant inflatable movie screen.

I thought of another idea...

What about one of those "Zip line" through the trees" type of coarse.

There are a few of them around where we live, those seam to do well, and should not cost a ton to install.

As accessible as the park is it would should be really easy to move people from point to point when doing the Zip lines.
My thought was some how it could start at the top of the mountain and go back down to the lower area where you first come in to the park in some fashion.

How dare any of you think of ways that the average wheeler or enthusiast could keep it open. . . . . . .

I think that marketing and accessibility to the park is the biggest thing for me I love the trails and it is a great park but the reasons that we never rode there in the past few years bc it was always a question of will they be open and will anyone else be there. Also if you do go forward with this access to a strip club normally bumps parks up on our list ;D