Golden Mountain Park - Closing

Nope he said its not officially listed.
I really really want to buy this place.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Nope he said its not officially listed.
I really really want to buy this place.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Hah . Tapa crap.
simply put what would make you ride there more! Better Lodging, parking, trail maintenance ,bathrooms,onsite food, more events. Etc.. yes im kinda taking a poll. I hear over and over how much people love this park.

cbrjeeper said:
Hah . Tapa crap.
simply put what would make you ride there more! Better Lodging, parking, trail maintenance ,bathrooms,onsite food, more events. Etc.. yes im kinda taking a poll. I hear over and over how much people love this park.

My group we all bring campers or stuff like that so the rv area is where we stay. Better closer bathrooms would be nice. Some trail
Maintenance wouldn't hurt as well. I can't complain much about the park, just wish it was ran more efficient and the pricing was the same each time you went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbrjeeper said:
Hah . Tapa crap.

I love the place...but if your taking a poll, i would have to say Advertising should be at the top of the list.

People may hear someone say that the place is good, but they may not fully get how Good the place really is. To my knowledge and i may be wrong, i don't ever really remember ANY advertising for the place, but only word of mouth, and that was always limited. When Dixie Run left Tellico I stopped going until this year, because of GMP was closing mainly.
I stopped going out of protest i guess, but that is a different story all together and i do not want to derail the topic.

I have always heard people say the phrase "Golden Mountain has the BEST rock crawling in the South" and i personally think that a lot of people may just let that go in one ear and out the other...myself included...until Dixie Run this year...and i regret that i never saw the place before now. i would have to say that it was some of the best riding i have ever done hands down...and you can not get better access to the trails. When you can just pull off the road and within 50 yards or less be on a great trail, that is going to be hard to beat.

Now days you have the ability to really get to show people how good a place is via different media and this could be a Huge impact getting exposure to a place like GMP, but you also have to keep the interest Alive....that is where Good events play a roll.

Events get people Talking. When you get new people excited about the place, they will talk and tell others both the good and the bad....i think that GMP may have had both.

I think with the outreach all platforms of social media makes these days would go a long way. A good event to draw a crowd to the park would go a long way as well...maybe a "bounty" type event or an Old school style rock event....maybe W.E. Rock or something like that , anything to get more people talking about the place. Also i was told that there was a dirt bike track....maybe a Hair scramble type event....anything that is going to involve dirt sports...

This equals more people to help keep the place running/paying the bills. WIN WIN for anyone that loves off road really...because i would bring my bike to a place like GMP to ride some good single track on a big weekend trip or if my rig broke down, and i am sure there are a ton of folks that ride motorcycles that would LOVE it if GMP Had some single track/double track.

I have only been to GMP the one time, and i would have to say that was a HUGE mistake on my part....that place was Awesome, in face the whole trip we had to Dixie Run this year was by far the best trip i personally have ever been on...from the group of guy/gals we had to the good times around camp....crazy trail repairs and fellowship with each other to the awesome rock crawling...it was just an all around great time.

Also, i think that the Best Bath house/restrooms money can buy goes the extra mile "thinking about all the ladies on this one, but a good hot shower does go a long way too"

I know others feel the same way about this place....it just need the right person to manage it to it potential it has!

Agreed. I think 90% of it was management and advertising. It desperately needs someone who will promote hell out of it and for it to survive, make it more accessible for all the Jeep clubs in Nashville/Knox/chatt. Host club events, races, toy drives, anything to bring people in and build a fan base like aop or windrock has.

cbrjeeper said:
Hah . Tapa crap.

Since we are tossing out ideas, here's some of my thoughts in no particular order.

Being open more often than once a month. Trying to plan trips to a place only open once a month is tough without even considering weather issues.

Little bit of bathroom maintenance up top so they don't look/seem quite as horror movie ready.

Better advertising/more events. Not saying GMP needs an event every weekend but once every other month would be sufficient. Like ftoy516 mentioned, a Bounty Hill event, old school rock events (timed or just follow the leader), some form of Dirt Riot/ECORS Endurance Racing, and/or WE Rock type cone dodging are all events I'd gladly come watch.

Consistent pricing for non-event weekends. Last two trips there for basic camping and riding for 2 people cost $40 for one weekend and the next trip cost $65 for one weekend. Both times we camped in the same spot and were there for the same amount of time.

Just a couple of thoughts.

More and better bathrooms/showers, more jeep friendly, . Obviously clean up and get rid of the ghost... lol ... there has to be more
I agree management has been a joke but at the end of the day that ment very little rules and oversight. Which has in a way been great. I hear over and over the best place all the time.
Yes advertising/marketing will absolutely bring more people.
If you could show up and have what available to you? What pushes you not to go there?
Would you be willing to pay a year membership? That would offer different perks at different levels.

I'm probably the 1%'er of the people that 1-ton rig-ride, but all I really need at a park is a decent hillbilly friendly map, well marked trails and a safe place to park my tow rig and not hafta worry about it getting stolen / broken into/ vandalized.

Depending on entrance fee daily vs. 6 months vs 1 year.....i'd need to see the break for each. At 109$ for a year pass at Windrock, that's a no brainer for me. For a park that's 2hrs away, and how much I like Windrock i'd probably just stick to daily entry fees or at most a weekend pass.

I think a thurs to sun every weekend. Private rides booked anytime and teams / companys in the sport that want to test n tune have some availability. Gotta open up the gocart track. Food available there . A party hall for night fun. A work shop with limited accessibility, a lift with some rental tools for trail fixes. Big track would be fun to do some buggy drag race or turn into a motocross track. Yes throw out some ideas.

Yearly passes if they are not to pricey wouldn't be bad. I just hate having to pay for a co pilot. So if my wife goes one trip it's good but then if i take a buddy the next time it's a pain. I prefer paying for the rig. Plus I feel you run off family setups to a point when you pay per person. Windrock makes it work but they also are very friendly for the gayzer and family rig setup. Gmp isn't imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me(and probably most of us) the easy trails were fine to ride on. THey are washed out but fine for 40 inch tires etc. The issue is when you get the JK crowd. There is not enough areas for them to ride that wont cause body damage.

A couple times a year I try to bring a group of mostly stock jeep around. We used to always go to GMP for the camping. Its perfect on top of the hill. New guys would always freak out though so we stopped going. AOP has much better easy trails. Winrock has both great camping and easy trails.

tonybolton said:
I'm probably the 1%'er of the people that 1-ton rig-ride, but all I really need at a park is a decent hillbilly friendly map, well marked trails and a safe place to park my tow rig and not hafta worry about it getting stolen / broken into/ vandalized.

Depending on entrance fee daily vs. 6 months vs 1 year.....i'd need to see the break for each. At 109$ for a year pass at Windrock, that's a no brainer for me. For a park that's 2hrs away, and how much I like Windrock i'd probably just stick to daily entry fees or at most a weekend pass.

that would mean you would have to camp. Can you actually camp, or will your head implode if you dont have you feather bed and 100000 thread count sheets?

Latest posts