• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

Dirt700 said:
I asked him last weekend, he was still working on making the lower eleminator clear the bell, I think

Yep... Waiting on Nick on that aspect.

My axle is at the machine shop... Hopefully putting it together next weekend. Fingerz crossed...

@broady : kcmcminn texted me yesterday. He said he pussied out and didn't need a big block front axle and would sell you everything for $150 and a good BJ ;D

I'm just glad you know how to produce good technical info that isn't jibberish like your YouTube channel. That's more confusing than why anyone with a job and or white would buy a ford.

Bebop said:
Yep... Waiting on Nick on that aspect.

My axle is at the machine shop... Hopefully putting it together next weekend. Fingerz crossed...

@broady : kcmcminn texted me yesterday. He said he pussied out and didn't need a big block front axle and would sell you everything for $150 and a good BJ ;D

:rolf:

Update !

I had a **** time with my front axle this weekend. Won't get into details but I basically have to start over everything.
That's a 13+ road trip for nothing. Still got to hang out with friends but it was definitely frustrating.

It was time to start thinking and getting a plan together. Quick.
So glad I can count on amazing guys to help me out ! The offroad family is definitely the best if there was any doubt !

There is a custom 14bolt front being built by Jake today, it's shipping this evening. He started working on it during his weekend. Best customer service ever !
Bought new spicer C's to work with the outer 05+ SD knuckles and the 3.5" OD of the tubing. (Spicer 2023561)
Have a new knuckle being machined for highsteer (huge thanks to D9marko for dropping one of his stock knuckles at the shop and saving me a 3h trip in 1ft of snow, man you rock !)
Artec truss with pinion tie-in is ordered too.

Positive point is that now I will have a 40sp 14 bolt which will make sense with the RCV BigBells.
Negative point is that whatever little money I had left is gone so the buggy has a more than limited chance to be completed in time for spring riding. I need to start selling **** I have to bring some money in.

Now I only hope I didn't **** up my measurements and everything will work as planned. Fingerz crossed.

bbone said:
Maybe Woodlee will chime in..has Crane jumped into this yet?

I'm sitting on "go" about to pull the trigger on one or the other between these 2. 90% of these guys are pushing me towards the Reids. I like the 'one stop shop' aspect of WOD and the Crane stuff. We will see soon..

Reid is simpler, cheaper and lighter.
I don't see 1 reason to run the Crane stuff.

kmcminn said:
Any update on the lower eliminators?

Nick has got the Mazak CNC dialed in. He's working on a version of the upper eliminators with clearance for the big bells and then he's working on the lower stuff

Bebop said:
Reid is simpler, cheaper and lighter.
I don't see 1 reason to run the Crane stuff.

I was talking about the super kingpin knuckles (not the 250-350 stuff) , I don't see how it can be any lighter. Especially if you run regular sized brakes.

kmcminn said:
Anyone priced any of the branik 1550 shafts?

Or the ctm 100? Will the ctm 100 fit?

$3500+ shipping.

I think the 300m rcvs are probably a better buy at that price point or the big bells.

Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

kmcminn said:
That maybe a good option if the lower eliminators doesnt work out. Some Branik 1550s with 40 spline inners.

I'm not sure what people are doing about joints though?
True, I can't afford either lol. My new ones are already clicking, and I tore a boot somehow on the last ride. It's slid a little farther back in the pick, I was greasing them when I found it
eb1a012c51466a89ff8a5f372ba06093.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

Dirt700 said:
True, I can't afford either lol. My new ones are already clicking, and I tore a boot somehow on the last ride. It's slid a little farther back in the pick, I was greasing them when I found it
eb1a012c51466a89ff8a5f372ba06093.jpg

that sucks, they were $90/ea when I ordered them for the 35spl stuff I had a while back

I imagine they don't cover the boot in the warranty do they?

Re: Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

smbroady82 said:
that sucks, they were $90/ea when I ordered them for the 35spl stuff I had a while back

I imagine they don't cover the boot in the warranty do they?
No warranty, just got off the phone with them

Re: Re: Re: Re: RCV Big Bells in 05+ F250/350 outers

smbroady82 said:
dang, any idea what caused it? that big a$$ bolt ?
There is plenty of clearance between that lower ball joint, a stick must have hit it just right