• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Night Vision Rifle Scope

toyota01

I am looking to by a decent night vision scope under $1500 with good optics out to 100-200yds. I have been looking at ATN; Armasight; Sightmark; Night Owl optics, only issue is the reviews are all over the place. Anyone here have any first hand experience?

I would like thermal, but haven't found much that's affordable. I will be hunting coyote and possibly hog. We are getting overrun with coyote, my brothers and I only hunt deer/ turkey on the property rarely call coyote. They will not come to day calling anymore but raise all kinda hell at night.

toyota01 said:
I would like thermal, but haven't found much that's affordable. I will be hunting coyote and possibly hog. We are getting overrun with coyote, my brothers and I only hunt deer/ turkey on the property rarely call coyote. They will not come to day calling anymore but raise all kinda hell at night.

What about the Sig Echo? It's inexpensive and not a terrible choice.

I was playing with one a show and the sales rep claimed you could see someone fart with it, I swear to God you could. We made one of our guys go about 20 yards and fart and you could see it. That was a high dollar one though it was Flir. Still cool though.

In the past I ran a AN/PVS-22 on a few guns. I was never a fan of the true "night vision scope". The problem I had was that they don't work when the sun comes up. If you can budget for thermal I would go that route. I used a HISS- XLR a few times, with the thermal I could use a guys man dress to estimate winds at 900m+/-. Just my 2 cents.

My hunting buddy has a night owl, its done everything it's promised without issues. We use a Thermal spotting scope to help with locating them, then relay position of the yote to the shooter. Thermal is like cheating, nothing like seeing their footprints or blood trail glowing in cold soil. It's more expensive than night vision, but worth every penny in my opinion for yote hunting thumb.gif

toyota01 said:
Cleveland TN, I believe we met at O'Reilly's a while back my brother sold you some jeep parts.

Yup fuel cell that i still havent put in my POS. If you get thermal and need help shooting yotes let me know. I dont like killing for killing, but i'll kill a yote twice if i could.

toyota01 said:

I know nothing of scopes but coyotes (and hogs) are pretty dang smart. Dawn and dusk are the best time to get them. Get you a grey sock and a white sock with a T-shirt stuffed in them. Stuff some liver and blood on them with a jerk string and make something to dangle it off the ground about 6". Use a mouth call and make sure you're hidden well and can't be smelled. Once you find the right combo, it will work. They hunt smart but when they smell blood and see an animal struggling they get stupid. I love killing coyotes mainly cause I don't have to gut them and process them. Stack me up like cord wood and haul them off. thumb.gif

The farmer that owns the land we hunt in west tn was paying us to shoot coyotes. they were harrassing his calves. They were bold to doing it in the day time. I think in 1 deer season we (dad and me) killed about 20, and that wasnt hbunting them hard that was setting up over the fields during lunch or on a rainy day we'd hang out in his hay barn. That was in the late 90's early 00's though.

Re: Re: Night Vision Rifle Scope

money_pit_yj said:
a ditch :dunno:.

They are a pain to dispose of.........l. at least when you kill snow geese :JRich: will buy them. They love them gooses. :rolf:
Every dang goose we kill get traded for something more useful

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk