• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Truck night in America

I watch it every week. I like it pretty good. It's of course got some bullcrap like any show on tv.....but there have been some pretty tough rigs on there.

I watched Travis on it last night. Made me laugh several times just cuz I know how he is. The show is straight up retarded, makes the offroad community look like the biggest idiots on the planet. And the rigs that compete do make me laugh, not at them, they got what they got, but at the retards doing the show and there opinions on the stuff. The shop time is the dumbest part of the show.

Its television and entertainment. I kind of like it. The hosts are/ and or act like total dumasses, gives me something to laugh at. Yes shop time is a joke. But the challenges are pretty cool.
And last week, the LJ and the angry eye Chevy Truggy were real trail rigs. both were nicely equipped and not junk.

Hotrodpayton said:
I watched Travis on it last night. Made me laugh several times just cuz I know how he is. The show is straight up retarded, makes the offroad community look like the biggest idiots on the planet. And the rigs that compete do make me laugh, not at them, they got what they got, but at the retards doing the show and there opinions on the stuff. The shop time is the dumbest part of the show.

I gotta agree with this.

I still havent caught an episode, just talked to my Dad about it , he said he likes it even though its goofy. It looks cheesy AF. And why the hell Glenn Plake is inolved is wierder than he is :wtflol:

My father in law told me about it and I caught it for the first time last night. Pretty hokey and my wife was laughing at their driving skills. Said I should enter my junk because we could use 10k. Wondered how long till a buggy gets on it and hurts some feelings.

I was supposed to be on it but then they said my truck was too modified. I'm sorta glad after watching the show I wasn't on it because it is kinda cheesy. It would have been a lot of fun though. My buddy owns the 4Runner that was on the first episode and was officially the first truck out. The kid who won last night was someone I sold my tires and wheels to a while back. That was the best episode yet.

Gay as it is, it's still way more fun than 95% of the garbage on TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Truck night in America

mrdrinksalil said:
I was supposed to be on it but then they said my truck was too modified. I€™m sorta glad after watching the show I wasn€™t on it because it is kinda cheesy. It would have been a lot of fun though. My buddy owns the 4Runner that was on the first episode and was officially the first truck out. The kid who won last night was someone I sold my tires and wheels to a while back. That was the best episode yet.

Gay as it is, it€™s still way more fun than 95% of the garbage on TV.

Just curious to how you heard about it? I think it's a cool concept but lots of stuff could be done different.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

mrdrinksalil said:
I was supposed to be on it but then they said my truck was too modified. I'm sorta glad after watching the show I wasn't on it because it is kinda cheesy. It would have been a lot of fun though. My buddy owns the 4Runner that was on the first episode and was officially the first truck out. The kid who won last night was someone I sold my tires and wheels to a while back. That was the best episode yet.

Gay as it is, it's still way more fun than 95% of the garbage on TV.

What do they consider too modified? That FJ had tons and was linked on 40 something inch tires. Had he known how to drive it he would have won. Yota even had a 350 in it.

xjmarc said:
What do they consider too modified? That FJ had tons and was linked on 40 something inch tires. Had he known how to drive it he would have won. Yota even had a 350 in it.
That's usually the case with FJ drivers, they're all gay.......

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'd like to see an offroad show in the format that "TOP SHOT" was done: Skilled and experienced drivers competing in challenges with identical equipment.

TacomaJD said:
That's usually the case with FJ drivers, they're all gay.......

You would have personal experience with that.

Re: Re: Re: Truck night in America

xjmarc said:
You would have personal experience with that.
That's why I didn't keep it long, it was starting to grow on me

My rig is a full size cab truck on 43 stickies. Back half is all tube. They wanted something "street legal". As soon as they said that, I told them I wasn't their guy. Seems like you needed a rear tow hitch from many of the events so far. You know, In case you have to push ice cream trucks or launch toilets from a slingshot.

A buddy was talking to them and gave them my number. I think I remember a post on here about it, or maybe hardline Facebook back before the event. It was all filmed outside Augusta GA

Cheesy yes. But more concerning was watching a driver winch himself out of the mud, jump back in. Then in cab footage of him driving without harnesses on. That's really bad and should have been edited out and never aired.

RustyC said:
Cheesy yes. But more concerning was watching a driver winch himself out of the mud, jump back in. Then in cab footage of him driving without harnesses on. That's really bad and should have been edited out and never aired.

yep