'09 EOR buggy

Wes in TN

Well after years of stuff like this:

standard.jpg

and this:

standard.jpg

and this:

standard.jpg

I finally decided it was time stop being the guy in the Jeep keeping up with the buggies and take the plunge and build one. I basically asked Jimmy to build me a simple, clean, strong, basic buggy along the lines of a Twisted Customs " geodynamic" chassis. Compared to the other chassis Jimmy is turning out lately it's pretty plain but the attention to detail and finish work should set it off.

Basics are:

~105" wheelbase
~50" chassis
35-spline chromo'd Dana 60s
Chevy 5.3, TH350, 3.8 Atlas II
TJ/JK/CJ hood and grill once I make up my mind

This is the progress so far:

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

The chassis is coming together really quickly, I'm not sure if Jimmy actually sleeps. I'm dropping off the drivetrain tomorrow to be mounted. I'll keep updating this thread regularly as the work progresses, if I can keep up with it. Keep up the awesome work Jimmy!

good lookin chassis. even if its not typical of what jimmy is rollin out right now. i'm sure you'll be pleased.

and yeah, I've also become convinced that jimmy is a robot and doesn't sleep. he's a chassis building freakmachine lately.

oh yeah, he's fueled by Full Throttle energy drinks and whatever beer happens to be in the fridge.

LOL , I was text-harassing him last night while Woods and I finished mounting my Tar's and doing the unit bearing on his DirtyMax.. it was close to 10 I think and I was like " Get back to work" and he replied he was sticking axles under one of them laughing1

He's a machine no doubt ! Love his work :woot:

P said:
LOL , I was text-harassing him last night while Woods and I finished mounting my Tar's and doing the unit bearing on his DirtyMax.. it was close to 10 I think and I was like " Get back to work" and he replied he was sticking axles under one of them laughing1

He's a machine no doubt ! Love his work :woot:

It was mine! I was very surprised to see the axle mocked under it already. Jimmy is the man!

I suck at getting by and getting new pictures. This is all I have at the moment. I'm getting more and more excited about it.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

UPS man is keeping the suspension from being finished. Other than that it's really coming together quickly.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg