• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

15 Xp1000 4 seater what do I need to know?

Toddy

Bought a 15 1000 4 seater. Anything I need to know or watch out for? I know the guy I bought it from and all he has had to do is front wheel bearing. I've got 4 more years on warranty but what to know what I need to keep an eye on.

30" Roctanes on beadlocks, skids and some other cosmetic stuff is all that has been done to it.

Keep in in low all you can. Easing around in high is the worst thing for a belt. Other than that just keep everything greased. itll help the bushings last longer.

If you ride hard be weary of the front diff and transmission output shaft. There are upgrades for all of it. The diff has a plastic sprague cage in it and they are bad to break. It can be erplaced with aluminum. The tranmission output shaft was under engineered and breaks from multiple problems. 1 being that it has a machined undercut arear at the thinnest piont adn will snap there, also the pionion that drives it will break as well as the output shaft gear. I make a replacement that has yet to break. It addresses all of the issues from the undercut to high deflection

PM, trans gear tig'd to output shaft and gilbert heavy bearing retainer ring.
Should do with those tires, put an alum sprague carrier in the front. This is quick, cheap and easy as far as rzr work goes. Superatv has one for like $200 now that I'm going to try on my buddy's 15

Only issue I've had with a 2016 4 seater is a clogged clutch side air intake at the point it meets the clutch housing. The inside of clutch and air intake housings need to be cleaned 2-3 times a year in my opinion, but I'm also nuts about keeping particulates out of my engine. I have to brag, it climbs all kind of **** my buddies with 2 seaters can't make or break axles on.... :****: Can't say enough about its capabilities with 32's and high clearance arms. I also won 2nd at a SL dirt track race in it with stock tires and only 1 seat, it beat 11 two seaters. ;D