• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1994 f-250 brake issues

FastEddy

So my pickup is not losing brake fluid, and the pedal feels normal sometimes, but after i get on it the pedal gets limp **** soft. This started happening after i put my spare on when i got a flat, its a 235/75/16 the rest of the tires are 265/75/16. Master cylinder or booster?

Sounds like coincidence it started after replacing the spare......
Classic master cylinder by the sounds of it...

Are your brakes clean and adjusted up? Diesel? check your vacume pump output. We upgrade alot of these trucks at work with the f450 master for a better pedal feel, might be worth looking into if you do have to replace your master.

Dead vacuum pump will be a high, hard pedal, requiring alot of effort to get the rig to stop...but yeah, look into the upgrade; IIRC the 97 F350 M/C's are the ones to use...could be other options out there too.

Brakes are practically new less than 6 months. I was thinking vaccum pump i know they have problems. im betting master cylinder is there a way to check?

Press the pedal slowly with even pressure, try it a few times if the first time or two doesn't produce a low pedal---if it's good, the pedal height should NOT change.... if it goes to the floor or the engagement positon of the pedal changes drastically between pedal strokes, it's toast...

The Rear ABS Valve...yeah, that's also a possibilty. Used to replace them alot back in the day. Doesn't sound like your issue though.....

Latest posts