• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2.2 TLT Almost Ready (Pics)

Todd1803

Here are pics of my TLT.

It should be ready for the next comp, the only thing I need is the electricronics, and most of them are lined up already, except for the motor, which I need to order. I also will probably order widners as well.

It's an SW2 with a Stealth tranny, Traxxas shocks, and Maxx 2.5 shafts. Wheelbase is right about 12", and it's a 50/50 layout at this point.

sw2009zh3.jpg

sw2012ii6.jpg

sw2014op3.jpg

sw2006zl5.jpg

sw2007vp5.jpg

Get-R-Done Todd. Lookin' good.
That body looks like the Toyota Baja body.
The 2.2 is in pieces again. Need to do some major repairs after this weekends camping trip.

Mike

Looking good Todd. The SW2 rocks!! Can't wait to see it at the comp. Only thing I can see that you might want to change in the future is where you have your upper links mounted on the chassis. I had them mounted up there in those holes then I moved them down to the hole right above the lower link hole. I don't really know why, but it really helped make my truck perform better for me, it digs in instead of wanting to roll over. It's like it pushes the axle down to give traction. That's where Bender has his mounted too. DON'T change anything because I said so, just thought I'd let you know something I tried that worked for me:D Can't wait to see it in action!

wOW... THATS Old school, you got shocks and links -n- shait..............:D

Looks good Todd, now you just need some Mini Tracs. :redneck:

I B..

I B RACIN said:
wOW... THATS Old school, you got shocks and links -n- shait..............:D

Looks good Todd, now you just need some Mini Tracs. :redneck:

I B..

Don't listen to I B. He sucks..he he :redneck: :haha:

Thanks for the compliments guys!

You're right Mike, it's an old school Associated Baja body. I forgot how hard it was to mask windows without pre-cut masks.

Tanis - Thanks for the heads-up on the link locations. Where they are now is how the guy I got the chassis from had it set up, and I was hopiong to not have to make new links, but we'll have to see how it works.

You can use some of the stock TLT links for your uppers. They are the right length. If you don't have the whole kit, I've got some extras you can have. I'll bring them to the comp.

Last edited:
So this morning I ordered the G-Made widners and a motor. Got home, and found the ESC in the mailbox, so it's all about to come together!

And just in case I need a little bit of extra wheel speed, I also ordered up an IB1400 2/3A 8 cell pack. :D :D

Now you're talking! Getting close, can you feel that? The excitement builds as the truck nears completion and the day of crawling draws near!! I'm stoked and it's not even my truck!!:clappy:

Latest posts