• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2 post lift and buggies

redneckengineered

Trailer Park Panty Dropper
Where do you guys lift from on your tube chassis? I've been using the upper link mounts but I'm still playing with locations. It takes a few minutes to get the pads just right. My lift is fairly new and I haven't been using it long so I'm still learning what it's like not to work on my back. Post pics if you got them and any tips/tricks to make life easier.

Attachments

• 20170329_200226.jpg
    20170329_200226.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20170329_200214.jpg
    20170329_200214.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 116
Now that being said you can but you better put some car skates under the other tires before you do it. I had mine all 6 feet in the air all flexed out checking my shocks clearance. No problems going up but when it started coming back down the ass end tire had slid over while going up it didn't want to slide back going down. It came down but the lift pad and spacers almost killed me when it went ka boom and I had to go looking for lift parts :****:

fordcontraption01 said:
Now that being said you can but you better put some car skates under the other tires before you do it. I had mine all 6 feet in the air all flexed out checking my shocks clearance. No problems going up but when it started coming back down the ass end tire had slid over while going up it didn't want to slide back going down. It came down but the lift pad and spacers almost killed me when it went ka boom and I had to go looking for lift parts :****:

Yep, that's a great point. When I do the flex test with the forklift, always do it on flat ground and put your **** in neutral so it can roll around where it wants. Amazing how much they will walk out at full flex.

My dad just got a lift about a year ago and it's a really weird adjustment to get used to it you're right. Havent tried to lift the jeep on it yet.

Side note you have probably the coolest looking shop I've seen so far.

Could you fab up some kind of cradle to go on the end of the arm and lift from the tubing somewhere? Rock slider maybe? Check out the WabFab for a high lift jack to get an idea of what I am talking about. I always hated working under stuff on a lift, especially if you were going to be beating on it or something. I would think it would be hard to get it stable on the link mounts without some sort of contraption.

money_pit_yj said:
Could you fab up some kind of cradle to go on the end of the arm and lift from the tubing somewhere? Rock slider maybe? Check out the WabFab for a high lift jack to get an idea of what I am talking about. I always hated working under stuff on a lift, especially if you were going to be beating on it or something. I would think it would be hard to get it stable on the link mounts without some sort of contraption.

Possibly. I have 4 perfect flat spots at the 4 corners of the belly that would be great but it's a very small spread front to back because the belly isn't that wide.

My lift is a Bend Pak with the individual stand offs and the pad that sets in the stand offs, like yours pictured.
Sometimes i have to remove the pads and use the stand off to "hook" the rocker tubes. I then add appropriate ratchet straps to each arm to better secure them.

Usually I can find a safer way but narrow buggy tubular frame rails and flat rubber pads don't always work well together.

The way those chassis belly skids are done can make things a little more challenging I'd say. Bend Pak (I'm sure others as well) makes these "frame craddle pads"

2-Post_Square_Adapters_WEB.png

Like what others have mentioned. It give you a little security for movement so nothing slides right off the pad.

wizzo said:
The way those chassis belly skids are done can make things a little more challenging I'd say. Bend Pak (I'm sure others as well) makes these "frame craddle pads"

Like what others have mentioned. It give you a little security for movement so nothing slides right off the pad.

Did your lift not come with these? Dad's is a Weaver lift and it came with a set of these.

jeeptj99 said:
Did your lift not come with these? Dad's is a Weaver lift and it came with a set of these.

Mine look pretty much just like that but without the edges.

edit: And thanks for the compliment on the shop. I worked in a 1.5 bay cave with a concrete floor that was dirtier than bare ground for 15 years. It was time for an upgrade.

redneckengineered said:
Mine look pretty much just like that but without the edges.

edit: And thanks for the compliment on the shop. I worked in a 1.5 bay cave with a concrete floor that was dirtier than bare ground for 15 years. It was time for an upgrade.

No prob on the shop. from the time i was a kid until 2012 dad and me worked on stuff in a gravel driveway under a quick set up carport. Everything from building motor's to oil changes happened under that tent. I feel ya on rough working conditions.

redneckengineered said:
molaugh Noted. I have a forklift for those kind of shenanigans.
You mean the place with the mozzarella sticks and the goofy **** on the walls?

I just kick them under my belly pan

wizzo said:

we use these when using my buddies lift. works great.

I wish I had enough room to even have one of those. But I am curious if you're full of water, and how front heavy it would make one if you put the pads too close together?