• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2" question

NTIDWELL

Ok. On rockwells if you was gonna 2" one end for the time being which end would you 2" front or rear both are steering. Seen both ways which one would y'all do and why.

I would go rear most stuff we hit is uphill and all the weight loads on rear I have always run stock front axles and run oversons 16spline in rear .

Lurch said:
I would go rear most stuff we hit is uphill and all the weight loads on rear I have always run stock front axles and run oversons 16spline in rear .
That's was my first thinking I'm running all overson 16spline now I have broke more fronts than rears then I started looking at all these buggies with 14bolts and most of them are running stock shafts in rear and 300m in the front and working great :dunno:

I'd put them in the front that way you don't have to let off when the front is in the air! Well Katie won't have to!!! Your gonna lift either way! :flipoff1: :driving:

al1tonyota said:
I'd put them in the front that way you don't have to let off when the front is in the air! Well Katie won't have to!!! Your gonna lift either way! :flipoff1: :driving:
Hahahaha ****er everybody bustn my balls told ta I've been taken pointers from you

I have never broke a front axle always the rear when I went to rear steer stock axle made two rides and broke long side then went to overson 16spline in rear took 5 years of abuse before I broke one .

Lurch said:
I have never broke a front axle always the rear when I went to rear steer stock axle made two rides and broke long side then went to overson 16spline in rear took 5 years of abuse before I broke one .
I've broke 2 inner shafts long and short and one stub on front all overson 16.
And I've broke 1 inner shaft long side in rear in the past two years

NTIDWELL said:
I've broke 2 inner shafts long and short and one stub on front all overson 16.
And I've broke 1 inner shaft long side in rear in the past two years
Sounds like you be better off to run 2in front and rear if you do and want to sell your 16 spline let me know .

I honestly would do front first. Ya you got a lot of weight on the rear when climbing but your motor is still hanging out up front. Every time the front lands under throttle that motor hammers the front end. most of your steering is probably with the front too which adds stress.

xjpaddler said:
Front! Its in the air way more often then the rear! Are you running detroits or spools?
Spools. I said **** it and ordered both ends rcv s on the way

Cha ching$$$$$

2in all the way through. New spools and drive flanges?
[/quote]
Yes sir and some new 300m spindles from ouverson didn't trust the boring out of the stock ones

al1tonyota said:
I'm proud of you son! But nobody will ever know considering they are closed knuckle! Happy New Years!
They can read the drive flanges **** :flipoff1: :flipoff1: Happy New Years to you too :drinkers: