• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2007 JK with 6.0 4L80 ?

ALLJ

I have a friend that had a LQ4 put in his 07 JK and has several issues that the installer says he cant fix needless to say my friend is PISSED so Im trying to help him with some info so there will be more questions to follow we going to do them one at a time
(1) Why or what is causing the starter to stay engaged when trying to crank ? jeep is still using the stock jeep ECM to control other needed functions

Re: 2007 JK with 6.0 4L80 ?

Call my buddy Tyler

http://www.rocksolidfab.com

He is finishing up a blown 6.0 swap with a 4l80 in a oneton 2008 jk as we speak. He did all of the wiring him self and would easily be able to find an answer to your buddy's problem.

ALLJ said:
I have a friend that had a LQ4 put in his 07 JK and has several issues that the installer says he cant fix needless to say my friend is PISSED so Im trying to help him with some info so there will be more questions to follow we going to do them one at a time
(1) Why or what is causing the starter to stay engaged when trying to crank ? jeep is still using the stock jeep ECM to control other needed functions

If you mean it staying engaged but not under starter power then it needs to be shimmed. We have done lots of ls conversions in jeeps and buggies and its not common but i have had to do it. You can make some out of Advance auto starter shims with some work. Hope it helps.

What its doing is staying engaged the jeep has a function called auto start if im correct thats causing the problem I have found out since posting this question that it can be corrected with a relay I will find out more later today when I can speak with the guy that told me this I will post what I find out