• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2013 rzr 800 problem

Big Block tube buggy

Just picked up a new 2013 800 razor Saturday, got it home ran it maybe 30 minutes and it started shutting down and showing a check engine light when you mashed the gas , after checking on some razor web sites I found out that they are having problems with a switch on the throttle on the 570 800 and 900 they added on the 2013 for safety in case of a broken throttle cable to keep it from running away, unplugged it no luck mashed gas pedal about five times with engine off, fixed it for a little while, it did it about 5 or 6 more times started tapping it with my pocket knife and it goes back to working. Has anyone else had this problem?

I haven't had this problem with my 800s either but thanks for sharing that info ill know we're to start to look if the situation arises good luck

Vane sensor attached to throttle petal, its either a bad sensor or adjusted wrong, Some 13's had this problem, not too common though

nateb83 said:
Vane sensor attached to throttle petal, its either a bad sensor or adjusted wrong, Some 13's had this problem, not too common though
Do You know how to check cable adjustment I want to check that before I haul it an hour to the dealer they were real good about getting it in the shop but didnt have a switch in stock its on only a $50 switch and they said they thought the warranty would cover it. WTH it better has 1.8 hrs, just dont want it to set waiting on parts for a week or 2. Not a whiner just want to get it done and ride. :driving:

talked to them they don't have the switch in stock, and its running fine at this moment so I am gonna try to ride it this weekend then deal with it later, problem is. you never know when it is going to do it, or not . Might be messing up here and by the time you haul it to them it will work fine.

Either way its warrantied, i have had a couple with the same issue and we have warrantied them no prob, I have the switch in stock if it comes an issue. If you bought it from them see if they will just pull one off one on the lot, it takes about 2 mins and its fixed, that way its not down for a simple fix