• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2017 windrock rate bumps

Kinda off topic, but still sorta on a "rate" thing..... Have any of you guys ever priced AUTOCROSSING lately? (if no one knows what autocross is....ask JD to Google it for you ;) )

Back when I was 18-30 that was THE thing I wanted to do...EVERY weekend. It was 25$ for an SCCA member and 30$ for a non-member. There maybe like 40-50 entrants and you'd get tons of runs and even some "after event free runs".

I checked into the local 2017 schedule yesterday and it's now 60$ for a non member and 55 for a member!!!! I also went back and looked at the entrants for last year and they were consistently OVER 80 entrants and like 3-4 runs TOTAL for the whole day.

I texted my old buddy that's still sorta on the Committee Board and he was like, "Yea....business' are wanting more money for us to **** up their pavement and the insurance company has us over a barrel".

Guess I really am getting old because I find myself saying way too much " I REMEMBER BACK WHEN......"

jeeptj99 said:
In 2015 it was 30 a day but I'd pay it in a heartbeat. Rausch is the best riding I've ever done. The thing that pisses me off about windrock is the dostance between trails, no good shitter, and driving up the mountain. I'd rather go to gmp or aop. But that's just me.

LOL....you have like the most streetable jeep between all of us. lol

tonybolton said:
Kinda off topic, but still sorta on a "rate" thing..... Have any of you guys ever priced AUTOCROSSING lately? (if no one knows what autocross is....ask JD to Google it for you ;) )

Back when I was 18-30 that was THE thing I wanted to do...EVERY weekend. It was 25$ for an SCCA member and 30$ for a non-member. There maybe like 40-50 entrants and you'd get tons of runs and even some "after event free runs".

I checked into the local 2017 schedule yesterday and it's now 60$ for a non member and 55 for a member!!!! I also went back and looked at the entrants for last year and they were consistently OVER 80 entrants and like 3-4 runs TOTAL for the whole day.

I texted my old buddy that's still sorta on the Committee Board and he was like, "Yea....business' are wanting more money for us to **** up their pavement and the insurance company has us over a barrel".

Guess I really am getting old because I find myself saying way too much " I REMEMBER BACK WHEN......"

I think it's pretty well established that all other forms of recreational motor sports are inferior to off roading (be it truck, sxs, bike)

Some people crave that structure and "competition" that goes with most other motor sports though.

I don't think windrock's pricing is out of line, except for multiple people in one vehicle (like a family of 4 in one jeep for the weekend).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I don't think windrock's pricing is out of line, except for multiple people in one vehicle (like a family of 4 in one jeep for the weekend).

I'll agree every time with this. That's alota coin for a regular family with 2.3 kids. Of course....most time the ones bitchin' bout that are the JK dudes DD'ing on Racelines, Kings, and LS/Hemi swaps. LOL

tonybolton said:
I'll agree every time with this. That's alota coin for a regular family with 2.3 kids. Of course....most time the ones bitchin' bout that are the JK dudes DD'ing on Racelines, Kings, and LS/Hemi swaps. LOL

Damn hating on people with kinda money

tonybolton said:

Actually that's why I didn't ride windrock much. My buddy Gabe (that owned my old 4 seat 4runner buggy) wouldn't want to go because it would cost him $200 for his family to wheel and camp one night.

Does windrock still have the "no camping in the park" rule? (and do they actually enforce it?)

tonybolton said:
It's only rated at 420.....you don't roll anything less than 500. So that's like a 4.8 LS with a small cam ;)

Naw good tune up job with tune gone push 750hp with my cherry bombs

TBItoy said:
Actually that's why I didn't ride windrock much. My buddy Gabe (that owned my old 4 seat 4runner buggy) wouldn't want to go because it would cost him $200 for his family to wheel and camp one night.

Does windrock still have the "no camping in the park" rule? (and do they actually enforce it?)

Yes good way to get banned from the park. No camping in the park whatsoever

TBItoy said:

That's why I don't go can't afford for the family to all ride. It's hard to justify that kind of money win the whole family mite ride a couple times a year

TBItoy said:

Since I'm anti-camping....I'm not sure. But what I can say is I see alota "burn piles / pits" on pull offs / dog leg trails on the OTHER side of the mountain(Rail Trail / Cadillac side).

Hell....saw a new-ish one on the old closed off Trail 14 we sneaked around on recently. I understood why, though....it had an INCREDIBLE view and would be awesome to wake up to and take a piss in front of.

86chevota said:
Yes good way to get banned from the park. No camping in the park whatsoever

They should have a primitive campground up in the middle of the park somewhere.

Fire risk might be too much for them though.

TBItoy said:
They should have a primitive campground up in the middle of the park somewhere.

Fire risk might be too much for them though.

I think that would be a great idea but if I was guessing it might have something to do with their insurance