• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

22re Fuel injection swap or 4.3 swap

hoss250

Moderators -if this is in the wrong area please to move it to the correct one

I am done with the carbed 22r in my 1985 Toyota truck. Thinking about having a 22re swapped in or going to a 4.3. I am looking for someone to do this from dropoff to turnkey with me supplying the parts( and cash) and them supplying the work (and time). Anyone (Crash or ?) want to pm me a rough estimate of what they would charge to do either the 22re or the 4.3 swap.

So nobody wants to make some money? Anybody have any recommendations on who to use for a clean complete job?

PM crash i know he has done this a few times and does some really nice work. I would go with the 4.3 swap but then that is what I have in mine so I am partial to the 4.3 swap :redneck:

The 4.3 is what I need:D but the cost difference might be the limiting factor.

Its boating season, and gas isn't cheap:beer:

Do you have the 22RE parts already? If not I've got a complete '95 setup kicking around here in some boxes somewhere.

LS2 :redneck:

Just do the 4.3 swap. You'll like the rig better. And you can tell people "Ya, and it has a 4.3 in it. :awesomework: "

Anyone want to do the 22re swap? I think the 4.3 might be outta my price and time range.

why not just do a propane kit till you save up the cash? No wires and you could do it all in about a day. I love my 4.3L but have had both(22r propane/vortec 4.3l) and the propane motor just wouldnt die

I swaped my 87 carb engine for a complete 91 engine/harness a few years ago. It worked great, then I dumped about 2 grand in to a LCE engine for it... waste of money, it was a lot funner than the stocker and reved to almost 9 grand but I could have swaped a 4.3 in for the money and had way better torque.

Now I've seen the light and am going V8 in my new rig:stirpot: