22re ISSUES PLEASE HELP BEFORE I TANNERITE THIS MFER

Humpy

Ok...I'm bout to blow this bitch up I've never had one whip me like this

Back story on the truck...blew head gasket in 03ish and sat till I bought it

1987 4x4 truck was auto I converted to 5 speed

I bought truck a year ago

Put good motor from known running rig in this truck

Put e2000 fuel pump on it

This stupid thing won't start consistently...

I've had it running hell I've even drove it it runs good once it starts

The problem is the starting

It will hit and die hit and die

It hits as soon as you tough the key...then just crank crank crank

Once you get it runnin if you shut it off it will fire right back up

If let it sit for couple hours...no dice

However sometimes it will start everyday as soon as you hit key for a week straight...

I don't get it

42psi at the rail

Good strong spark

All new wires and plugs

New fuel pressure regulator

Wtf am I missing?

Please help before I burn it

I've owned prob 10 of these things and done countless motor swaps, efi conversions , cab swaps, etc never have I not been able to make one run

Case of cold blue cans to the feller that finds the problem lol

Only one i've had act like that had a push button hooked to the starter, so it didn't fire the 5th "cold start" injector like it does when you turn the key to "start".

Your cold start injector might be bad or clogged.

TBItoy said:
Only one i've had act like that had a push button hooked to the starter, so it didn't fire the 5th "cold start" injector like it does when you turn the key to "start".

Your cold start injector might be bad or clogged.

Cold start injector squirts fuel soon as I crank engine

might be worth checking the electrical connections on the distributor and any other known areas...if you have changed somethings, something could have gotten hit or pulled. i had this happen to me on a SBC and i tracked everything under the sun and was going to pull the dash out....and it turned out to be one of the electrical connections had gotten pushed out the back of the plug on the distributor just enough to not get connection.

i have saw this happen on 22R's to the wires that go to the distributor...may be worth checking it.
i know that sounds simple, but i was about to take a 12ga to my truck, so i get it.

Only thing else I can think is check all grounds, ground block/head/intake manifold/valve cover/body/frame.

Every yota I had was very "ground sensitive"

And connectors, stupid little pins get pushed back and don't make good connection

thx fellas gonna look over grounds tommorow and check igniter plugs...I'm at my end here I've been ****in with this for few months off and on..wantin to sell the truck to make room to finish my rig but it needs to run right

I'm in batavia ohio

Check your ground connection at the igniter. It grounds through the chassis and body of the igniter. It's an aggravating bastard sometimes.

Check the plastic 90 degree elbow that goes into the intake... occasionally develops a tear and causes weird running issues

I'm gonna hit it with some starting fluid today and try to weed out if it's spark or fuel related...I also just realized that my fuel pressure bleeds off as soon as I turn key off...it's not supposed to do that

jrhall said:
Check the plastic 90 degree elbow that goes into the intake... occasionally develops a tear and causes weird running issues

Ah, yeah it makes the air meter not open right and sometimes the fuel pump won't run consistently

Also the circuit opening relay can cause issues with cranking/running. It's behind the passenger side speaker on the a pillar/door area. Gotta remove the speaker to get to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

To get the Hollywood effect, you need a couple of well placed literagasoline

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
To get the Hollywood effect, you need a couple of well placed literagasoline

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Ha! Is that the same as a literacola

Thanks for all the help and the encouragement to **** this bitch up thumb.gif however I just fixed it

I put an inline check valve in fuel line between tank and e2000... that way it didn't bleed off right away...now it holds pressure and fires soon as I bump key

Shew now to finish it and sell it