• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 231 case with reduction gear

Jshelton

Looking for a 231 transfer case with 4-1 gear reduction call of text 9312243942 thanks

Re: Re: 231 case with reduction gear

I have one I paid 225 for when I got my axles off the same guy. Bought it not knowing for sure If the input shaft is the same or not. Will know in a few weeks when I pull the all wheel drive case out of my grand Cherokee. Has short sye on it with a flange for the rear output. It came with a jeep input shaft and a Chevy input shaft. If it doesn't fit just looking to get my $ back out of it.

cmartin said:
I have one I paid 225 for when I got my axles off the same guy. Bought it not knowing for sure If the input shaft is the same or not. Will know in a few weeks when I pull the all wheel drive case out of my grand Cherokee. Has short sye on it with a flange for the rear output. It came with a jeep input shaft and a Chevy input shaft. If it doesn't fit just looking to get my $ back out of it.
ill take it if it don't fit I'm running a 242 now sounds like we are trying to do the same swap

The 231 I bought is a mid 95 so if the input shaft length is different I can use the input shaft out of my 249 in the 231. I was told that if your case is mid 94 and lower that's the 231 you need. 95 and up that's what you need. I'll keep you posted if it works out for me