• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3.4---4.3 swap?

97f250

has any one on here done a 3.4 in a 85- older truck heard of a few people doing the 3.0-3.4 liter and sounds like its a headach! but read somethign on pirates about the 3.4 uses the same bell housing and motor mounts... change the wiring and "sounds like almost a bolt in thing " am i wrong..

i was looking at doing a 4.3 liter it just seems like it cost alot to do with radiator/motor mounts /bellhousing/painless wiring/cost of the motor( tbi-fi) powersteering/ and i am sure the list goes on!

Last edited:
i started to type a reply stateing the 3.4 is a 60deg v6 vs 4.3 being a 90deg and use diferent trans patterns etc... then a lightbulb kicked on and realised you were talking 3.4 toy not gm....

dam i need caffine....

Thats funny i thaught you were talking gm to. Lyle this is mike why do you want to swap out yours runns great. And if i were to do it i would do a 4.3 throttle body. Pretty easy and those motors are real common. Are you gonna come up and grab that axle tonight.

i want more power.. and my motor is getting tired had the tranny out the other day and it is pretty east to turn over with you hand and grabing the fly wheel.. i am just kicking the idea around read and seen some pretty cool ones so thought i would ask