• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3/4 or 1 ton to pull 36' toy hauler?

zayne2427

There's only one way to find out
Dodge 2500 or 3500 to pull a 36' toy hauler. Will 3/4 ton be enough or will I need to upgrade to a dually?

How much will it weight loaded ?

I haul this 34' Work & Play with my buggy in it with an '04 Dodge 2500 diesel. This weight ticket is fully loaded including 60 gallons of diesel in an aux tank in the bed of the truck. I'm 500 lbs over weight on the rear axle and over my GCVWR. I am not over the weight rating for the rear tires though. I do run air bags.

I would feel more comfortable with a dually to have the extra 2 tires on the rear axle.

ba7ata8a.jpg

2e9esy4y.jpg

Dually all the way dude ! Thats a big trailer @ 36' I would think you good a lot of sway with a sigle rear tire JMO :)

Dually it is. Got an 03 dodge 2500 HO 4x4 d door with 133k miles for sale or trade for a dually. Lol

First go around with a toyhauler/ camper. Pretty stoked.
2003 Sportsmen 36 feet long 10' x 7'6" garage
IMG_20130826_081459_590.jpg

I wish. Rzr will but buggy won't. My buggy is 90" wide X 149" long. Couldn't find one in my price range that it could fit in. May have to upgrade later if we enjoy this one

There are some cheap(er) options now for 19.5 wheels/tires if you buy a SRW truck and don't want to worry about having enough tire. I'd still rather have a dually as long as I had something else to drive.

Yeah I know me too. All the one I found that my buggy would fit in were out of my price range. As long as my brother goes he can tow mine and his rig. If not it looks like I'll be making 2 trips.

rock mafia said:
There are some cheap(er) options now for 19.5 wheels/tires if you buy a SRW truck and don't want to worry about having enough tire. I'd still rather have a dually as long as I had something else to drive.

Can you give more info on this? I would consider new rims and tires for my setup.

Yeah gizmos last trailer and one he has now are both super nice.
I'd like some more info about the 19.5 as well. May just keep the 3/4 ton and put air bags and 19.5 on it

Re: Re: 3/4 or 1 ton to pull 36' toy hauler?

I got a 30ft gooseneck with living quarters for sale on here.
hijack over

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

zayne2427 said:
Yeah I know me too. All the one I found that my buggy would fit in were out of my price range. As long as my brother goes he can tow mine and his rig. If not it looks like I'll be making 2 trips.

Can you get a set of rollers on the buggy so it will fit and swap tires when you get to the park?

The problem most of the time is length on width there is plenty of space when you put a buggy in one you can still walk around both sides of it. I've got a 39' Toy Hauler that weighs 14500 empty and most of the time I just put a 900 XP4 in the back but I have put my buggy in there also and I tow it with a 6.7 F250 w/ Air Bags in the rear and knock on wood I have not had any trouble at all with anything & I can 75-80 no problem with no sway or anything but I try to keep it around 75. I do run a 12.50 Tire though and I really think that helps.

ridered3 said:
GIZMO1's old camper and open trailer is just what y'all needed. By far best setup of both worlds I've seen to date.
[/quote

Yea very nice but a little more than I can afford

Latest posts