• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3 to 1 lowmax gears in a 205

04rubi

Let the stickies do the work
Anybody running a set or heard of anyone running a set? Just wanting a lower gear in my buggy. Any pros or cons?

like he said...43's, 4.56, th400.....2nd gear low is my fav gear..pulls real hard, no comparison vs a stock 205.

bbone said:
like he said...43's, 4.56, th400.....2nd gear low is my fav gear..pulls real hard, no comparison vs a stock 205.

Interesting, , not to highjack but more info? I'm looking for more wheel speed and running your same set up with a th350? Thanks

All I've ever read about the kit is great other than they are hard to come by since they have to sell pretty much the whole batch before they will do a run of them?

[quote author
=poolman link=topic=41568.msg508831#msg508831 date=1434892417]

Interesting, , not to highjack but more info? I'm looking for more wheel speed and running your same set up with a th350? Thanks
[/quote]

Pm johneddie, he's had his for a couple years. He can probably answer any questions you have.

June dog said:
Pm johneddie, he's had his for a couple years. He can probably answer any questions you have.

Will do, thanks sorry 04rubi didn't mean to get in your thread

Poolman, you lookin for more wheel speed with a stock 205 and 4:56 years?? Holy **** son! U racin KOH this year or wat?? Haha. Jeeez when I had that 205 and 4;56's I had all the wheel speed I could want, it wouldnt crawl for ****. I always said that had to be close to perfect for racing In srrs. Sucked balls on technical stuff tho

al1tonyota said:
All I've ever read about the kit is great other than they are hard to come by since they have to sell pretty much the whole batch before they will do a run of them?

Yeah they didn't have any for the longest time but the kits have been listed on their website for a year or more now so they must have made a bunch of them in the last batch.

That will probably be one of the first upgrades I do when my rig is done.

kushKrawlin said:
Poolman, you lookin for more wheel speed with a stock 205 and 4:56 years?? Holy **** son! U racin KOH this year or wat?? Haha. Jeeez when I had that 205 and 4;56's I had all the wheel speed I could want, it wouldnt crawl for ****. I always said that had to be close to perfect for racing In srrs. Sucked balls on technical stuff tho

Sorry, running 513s maybe I just need more hp. Or maybe I'm just wanting to light them up at will? He'll I don't know loller.gif

I couldn't even get them on the phone. When I did get in touch with somebody all they did was kinda laugh when I asked for a chevy 205 kit then there was awkward silence. Same thing kinda happened when I looked into a hero case. I have a atlas and miss my 205

kmcminn said:
Hero case. Must be nice.
They wouldn't even really quote me a price on one. It was when they first released them and we're still testing.

I talked to them the other day and was told that it was out dated and it would be December before they would even consider making them again. :****:

Thanks for all the info guys. I've only had it out once with so I'm gonna ride it a few more times before I really check into it but with the stock 205 it's just almost impossible to crawl something or even get in position to hit something without it feeling likes its being really rough on the tranny. By the way I'm running a pretty stout 6.0, th400, 205, 5.13, and 43's. Got a 3000 stall in it too. I was told I would love it that high but not too sure about it either. It'll probably never be raced just good ole trail ridding with a little beating here and there.

04rubi said:
Thanks for all the info guys. I've only had it out once with so I'm gonna ride it a few more times before I really check into it but with the stock 205 it's just almost impossible to crawl something or even get in position to hit something without it feeling likes its being really rough on the tranny. By the way I'm running a pretty stout 6.0, th400, 205, 5.13, and 43's. Got a 3000 stall in it too. I was told I would love it that high but not too sure about it either. It'll probably never be raced just good ole trail ridding with a little beating here and there.
Hmmm, I couldn't tell Ya with the 5:13's. I had 4:56's. U wanna talk bout not crawling!! Haha I'd put tires on rock, and kinda punch it, and had to hold brake most of the time.. Yea that got old, quick. I think that would be a good combo, 5:13's and lomax. But then again I can't even keep a starter workin so what do i know. Ha

And the hero case isn't that much more than a new atlas. I started to check into them but didnt for some reason. Either one will serve its purpose. If I had gotten in to jumpin 15 ft in the air with the throttle pegged I may have been worried. But that's just not my thing.

If I was building a rig I would just go with an atlas but since this one is already set up for the 205 I think I'd be money ahead just gearing it. Even though giving $1700 for a set of gears is hard to talk yourself into.