• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link question

Rear is cheaper to do since you don't have the steering. I would do the front so u can move te axle for better approach angle.

lot of people will diagree with me but i had a 1978 ford cab truck and i did the front it in my opinion the truck keeps more even ground pressure on all tires with the front free to move also axle wrap is easier to control with leaf springs on the rear

drycreekjeep said:
its 4 the woods.

Gotcha. Rear would be pretty easy overall, but you'd probably see the most benefit (depending on what type of wheeling you do and your running gear) by linking the front and pushing that axle forward.

Are you really going to benefit from 4 linking it considering you have a body and can't actually let it flex much without tearing fenders off?

Keep in mind teh possibility of having to relocate gas tank too if you link the rear. May not have to do it to all vehicles, but I know when I was looking at linking the rear of my Taco, the gas tank would have to be taken out from under the truck all together to make room for link bars.

U can take this however u wanna thumb.gif but I speak from experience .... Im running a full body Scottsdale narrowed on all 4 corners so body damage isnt an issue. Im running dana 60 and 14 bolts as well. I like to consider myself as more of a ROCK BOUNCER than a climber so trust me i put the ol leafspring K-10 chassis to the test. I run anti wrap spring perches on the rear from Ruff Stuff and i havent tweaked a rear shaft in a long time........ On the other hand my frame on the front where the shock mounts hook up is F---ed ROYALLY :****: :****:, so saying all that, I booyang booyangf i wasnt building a buggy as we speak I would cut the front half of my frame off 4 LINK the hell out of it ..... and dial the angle good on rear pinion with anti wrap perches and u should b fine If it wasnt for my frame I would keep running my ol BIG body !!!!!!! jus thought id help a fellow full body wheeler out there few and far between :dblthumb: :dblthumb: Bobby AKA MR. Leafspring....