• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 ford gpw education!

FastEddy

so about to start workin on a 42 ford gpw, all stock no rust been under cover for years! parked be cause the original flathead 4 blew up. planning on a resto mod project kind of. What engine would be best to keep it on stock running gear? want to lift it to fit 31s or 32s. any info is helpfull, never looked into any of these rigs

so about to start workin on a 42 ford gpw, all stock no rust been under cover for years! parked be cause the original flathead 4 blew up. planning on a resto mod project kind of. What engine would be best to keep it on stock running gear? want to lift it to fit 31s or 32s. any info is helpfull, never looked into any of these rigs
Got any pics of it? I love those rigs.

with all stock running gear you dont want much power or you will be spitting parts everywhere:booo: Old school would be a chevy 4 banger (iron duke) or even a pinto 4 banger. We also use to use a lot of buick 225 odd fire v-6s which was a great motor with a lot of power as is its brother the 231 even fire. Newer choice would be a chevy 4.3 but the rest of the running gear wont like it.

i have a 2.5 liter chevy 4 banger efi out of an s10, and a 2.3 efi out of an 86 ranger. both have harnesses and i can make them run. sounds like i got some options! i will take some pics this weekend, finnaly convinced the old man to let me start on it! its in awesome shape to been sittin for 15 or 20 years.

frame

If you start into it and decide to fab up a new frame instead of going through the work to beef up the stock one.. I am looking for a stock frame

My dad's has a 153ci Chevy (NOT an Iron Duke, the Iron Duke is a 151 and a Pontiac). Ran it on a D25 front and a tapered axle D44 rear. He ran the L-head for a long time till he got tired of running out of power at elevation like in Naches.

We upgraded it to a disk brake D30 front, spring over and 31's a few years ago.

i do have a stock turbo coupe turbo setup.... be cool but theres no way

Where there is a will, there is a way...:D

500x_jeep_hot_rod.jpg