• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 TSL SX2

Dwalk

4 Banger on Leafs
I was wondering if anyone has ran these and what is opinions on them. About to buy some new tires and trying to figure out what I want.

very happy with mine so far. was actually thinking of selling them to step up to some stickies ;D

I honestly feel they work quite well in most terrain.

this was when I was the most impressed with them. I know WB has quite a bit to do with it, but hooked pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnjlEdjRGrg

We built a V8 Truggy with them and they left a lot to be desired. Inner bead issues. Compound is very hard compared to the 38 SX. I'd look for something different.

never run a PBR, but I'd be surprised if there was a non-sticky that worked better. that vid is pointless other than showing that stickies are much better.

I'm not saying the SX2 is the best tire out there, but give credit where credit is due. it's a damn tough tire that seems to work well in most terrain.

not sure what the diff is between the 42" SX2 and 43" SX, if any as well.

CheapJ7 said:
If I remember correctly they were hard as a rock.

That's what I was afraid of. The TSL,s that are on it now suck....Jeep was 10 times better with Iroks if that says anything.

B.DRAKE said:
Put some Red Labels on it Darrin! Your Jeep would sure enough do work then :****:

Looking like that's gonna be my only option....I really need to stay with a 39-40" tire

1tfrot said:
never run a PBR, but I'd be surprised if there was a non-sticky that worked better. that vid is pointless other than showing that stickies are much better.

I'm not saying the SX2 is the best tire out there, but give credit where credit is due. it's a damn tough tire that seems to work well in most terrain.

Thanks for the input, looks like the 42's maybe too tall for my Jeep if its that close to a 43 SX.

1tfrot said:

Don't get butthurt because you run the sx2s I never said they were a bad tire. That was just a vid I knew of that had some real world wheeling it it with the exact tire in question.

I've had my set since 08, only had to have one vulcanized. Hit a an old t-bar fence post that was broken off just about dirt level.

Mine are softer than 38.5" sx, and way softer than 42" tsl. Haven't put a durometer on them but are very similar in how the lugs feel to 42" iroks.

Not a sticky, but I paid $1300 shipped for them. I feel like I got what I paid for. Definitely softer than the regular sx compound. I've had 33", 35" 38.5" sx's and then these 42" sx2's. Also have had 44" boggers, and 42" tsl and these are the softest. I compare them directly to the irok compound.

Being that these are from 2008, they could have changed the compound from then to now.
Can't speak about the new ones.

I will say I don't think P wheeled his long enough to really break them in. Tires change a lot once they get a little wear on them

CheapJ7 said:
Don't get butthurt because you run the sx2s I never said they were a bad tire. That was just a vid I knew of that had some real world wheeling it it with the exact tire in question.

I'm not. it'll take more than that :flipoff1:

it's just funny to listen to some people bash a regular tire because they have stickies. I just wanted the OP to know that it's actually a really good tire for all around wheelin. it's just not a sticky as we all know thumb.gif

mac5005 said:
I've had my set since 08, only had to have one vulcanized. Hit a an old t-bar fence post that was broken off just about dirt level.

Mine are softer than 38.5" sx, and way softer than 42" tsl. Haven't put a durometer on them but are very similar in how the lugs feel to 42" iroks.

Not a sticky, but I paid $1300 shipped for them. I feel like I got what I paid for. Definitely softer than the regular sx compound. I've had 33", 35" 38.5" sx's and then these 42" sx2's. Also have had 44" boggers, and 42" tsl and these are the softest. I compare them directly to the irok compound.

Being that these are from 2008, they could have changed the compound from then to now.
Can't speak about the new ones.

that was kind of my reference as well. I ran 42" iroks for a couple years and they were ok. the 42" SX2 is softer and hook better than the iroks did. they are also way tougher. of course, jmo

When I bought the dirty thirty ( P buggy ) tires was the first thing I changed . It didn't help that they were on 20s hard to air down real low . They were a hard compound changed to iroks they did a lot better.

If you get krawlers I won't ride with you anymore bc that dang jeep goes good to have some wore out tsl's I would hate to see what all you would make me look bad on if you were rocking some reds

Maybe you wont have to drag my lil ole jeep through trails anymore :****: