• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5th annual Jake thing

offroadohio

It is time once again for the annual Jake thing ride. It is a gust 27th

Heiney5 said:
The 5th annual Jake (Anderson) event is coming up soon. So come join us for another round of good times @ Heineyfarm.....Event will generally be casual with some "mini-type" events and raffles, these are in addition to the open type ride. The goal is to raise money for a good cause. Additional local support is encouraged; please contact me directly with suggestions or information.

The farm is definitely small compared to other parks, so we do plan to limit the rigs to 100 total. Please RSVP and/or contact me feel free to post up if you plan to attend. One goal is to hit the "100" rig limit.

---Background---

Picture of Jake Anderson wheeling :

harlan106.jpg

For those who don't know....Jake Anderson was a "local" who would often be seen wheeling his TJ on some of the most difficult trails. His windshield had a "banner" which most people remember and agree upon if ever meeting him. Unfortunately he was diagnosed with stage four adenocarcinoma (lung cancer) at the age of 31. Due to the vast spread of the cancer his battle was short. He passed away Thursday, June 28, 2012.

This year, in honor of Jake Anderson, Heineyfarm will be hosting the 5th annual Jake Thing to raise money for a local family and support Makenna Lemmon. Makenna was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL), on October 21, 2015, at the age of 3. She has been courageously undergoing chemotherapy treatments at Nationwide Children's Hospital ever since. Her story, like many others, brings the hardships we face in life to reality. Heineyfarm is looking for local support to help show compassion and love for this family. Our goal is to bring easier financial time to there current situation (so there is one less thing to worry about). All proceeds will be given to family, and they then can use it at their discretion. Whether it be for food, ice cream, family vacation, hostipals, medication, or just something to put a smile on MaKennas face. For more information please contact me, and also feel free to follow Makenna's story at the "Prayers for Makenna" Facebook page!

Picture of MaKenna :

13173822_1165411773489064_1135583162619965913_n.jpg

Online donations, GoFundMe :

Furthermore for those who can NOT make event, Heineyfarm plans to started a go fund me page to help raise money and track donations related to goal. Please donate at
https://www.gofundme.com/2fp8z8c

---Details.---
Event: Open ride w/ special events (ie sponsors?/raffles/etc)
Date: 08/27/2016
Time: 10am- Midnight+ , primitive camping permitted
Cost: $30 per rig, 100 rig limit**

**ATVs and SxS must let me know what your bringing. In addition to 100 rigs, we are limiting the numbers of ATVs and SxSs, to reduce the "smaller" vehicles. ALL ATVS must wear helmets per our normal rules @ http://heineyfarm.com/park-rules.html

---Event Flyer---

FlyerFront-%20JakeEvent2016-small-draft.jpg~original

FlyerBack-%20JakeEvent2016-small-draft.jpg~original

---Food Vendor Details---
There will be a Food vendor present. So save yourself some time and buy foods and drinks at event. Its a local truck, "Lynette's Country BBQ" from Newark area. Its a BBQ type truck. I had some a couple weeks ago, and it is good stuff.

FoodTruck-%20LynettesCountryBBQ.jpg~original

---Shirts---
Event shirts are drafted. They will be sold in limited numbers at the event. Also, shirt "pre-order" form is up and running. If you want to "guarantee" a shirt, use form (linked just below). Make sure you read and agree to form. Sorry no deliveries, must be picked up at event.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf8n4_wazrB3B_8W-NS9BHp3Geb7s5lkJBCV77c2Re5PZmRjQ/viewform

ShirtPreview-%20Draft4-%20071516_1.jpg

(that is an actual scan of MaKenna's hand print on back)

---"Events"---
There will be a handful of mini-events like in past.... Have to sort out and plan which ones.... Will post details ASAP.

---Tentative Schedule---
**TBA**

---Raffle and prizes---

The raffle is a great way to raise money and win cool stuff. We will have the normal selection of items.... I will post more details when I get them. DONATIONS ENCOURAGED AND WELCOME!!!

---RSVP methods---
PREFERRED method is to Fill out the form (linked below). But you can also post here on offroad ohio, or private message/inbox me, or email me @ [email protected]. (In turn that means I just fill out form for you)

RSVP form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/19hXRPCKLMbtu5Dt13ueIKzXC7itMOy9uxbkayrsgSSg/viewform

^^^^Sponsors, clubs, and local vendors inquiries are always welcome. We can work out details, just contact me. Always looking for raffle items or other things that can help raise more money.

_________

X2, good little park too, shoulda posted this earlier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk