• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.7 powerstroke deletes

pholmann

Ok so my new to me truck has no warranty left. I am looking at deleting the dpf. Has anyone had any trouble out of the egr valve or cooler on these things? Is it worth messing with or no? I haven't heard **** about egr problems on the 6.7's. I am looking to delete and pretty much keep stock tune or maybe a very light tune. I don't think the truck needs anymore than what it has really. Just looking for some input on this and also which dpf delete kit? I would love to keep the truck as quiet as possible. I am thoroughly enjoying the quiet nature of this truck.

I was just wondering the same thing. my def heater went out they want $800 to fix it thought about putting that money toward deleting it.

I have a 2015 deleted mine before it had 1000 miles on it I'm up to 6000 now and had zero issues. You have to do a slight time just to clear out all the codes I put mine on the lowest setting because as you stated these engines don't need much more. I went from a 6.0 with about 500 hp to this and this thing pulls amazing! I did take off my complete exhaust it is straight pipe all the way back but it is still not loud at all I love it! Good luck

egr cooler core cloggs up and we replace them all the time especialy on ones that only make short trips or idle all the time.

kevinhumphrey said:
I have a 2015 deleted mine before it had 1000 miles on it I'm up to 6000 now and had zero issues. You have to do a slight time just to clear out all the codes I put mine on the lowest setting because as you stated these engines don't need much more. I went from a 6.0 with about 500 hp to this and this thing pulls amazing! I did take off my complete exhaust it is straight pipe all the way back but it is still not loud at all I love it! Good luck

Which tuner did you use to delete?

I used the SCT handheld monitor. On my 6.0 I had to SCT live wire and loved it but this truck has most of those gauges factory plus I don't have to monitor this one as much as I did the other. The guy that did mine does a couple a week and pretty much uses that same tuner on all of them!

I have a H & S Mini Maxx on my 2011 6.7 and all I had to do was unhook 2 plugs that are associated with the egr valve. According the H & S directions when you select the emissions removed when installing the tuner it closes and disables the egr system but they recommend unplugging it to prevent a misoperation. I've had it on the truck for 12-15k miles with no issues so far.

Unrelated to the original question but I have an 11 model duramax that I deleted at 3,500 miles with a 1st generation H & S product. The truck has 80k on it now. I am happy I did it and the H & S seems to be a good unit. I just downloaded the latest updates a few months ago and the tow mode was greatly improved.

I have talked with others that used H & S for the powerstroke and were happy with it

Nolan6415 said:
I have a H & S Mini Maxx on my 2011 6.7 and all I had to do was unhook 2 plugs that are associated with the egr valve. According the H & S directions when you select the emissions removed when installing the tuner it closes and disables the egr system but they recommend unplugging it to prevent a misoperation. I've had it on the truck for 12-15k miles with no issues so far.
does it do away the the def system as well