• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

700r4 pulling issue?

mizerak1

I need some help/info on the trans in buggy. It is a 700r4 that's has been rebuilt with all new good parts. Here is the problem. I have been on about 10 rides with it and now when you put it into 1 st gear or any forward gear it doesn't load the chassis and you have to give it a lot of gas to get it to move. Once going it pulls fine. The trans does not slip. You can put in in reverse and it loads the chassis and pulls great. I did a full trans flush and it is the same. Will only load the chassis in reverse. When flushing the trans the fluid looked good and there was debris in it. Does anyone have input on this?

700r4 don't have a kick down cable it's a pressure cable. I do have it hooked up and it doesn't matter if I manually shift it or leave it in drive. It does the same thing.

Re: Re: 700r4 pulling issue?

mizerak1 said:
700r4 don't have a kick down cable it's a pressure cable. I do have it hooked up and it doesn't matter if I manually shift it or leave it in drive. It does the same thing.
The bracket on mine was kind of shifting around and gave me some troubles once. Other than that the trans has worked flawless for 5+ years of getting beat to **** in my jeep and i don't know the prior history before I got it. 700s get a bad rep from guys running them on the road I think.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk