• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 79 Scout Traveller on 40's

FishWagon

Hello all,

In Dacula, GA

Selling my 79 Scout Traveller. This is a recent build with some rough edges, but unfortunately a drunk driver has ended my off-roading hobby due to injuries.

The good:

Brand new 39.5" Super Swampers - (I also have spare with no rim that was cut deeply on first trip (argh). Don't know if it can be vulcanized for usable spare or not)
Brand new 16.5" steel wheels
Brand new beadlocks
Dana 60 front, Detroit locker, brand new 5.13 gears
14B rear, Detroit locker, brand new 5.13 gears
Rebuilt 727 tranny with B&M kit
Rebuilt Dana 20
Onboard air
Brand new aluminum radiator with electric fan
Brand new PS pump and can
New drive shafts, front is flanged CV
Hydroboost brake conversion
Cross over steering
New shocks
Full cage

The Bad:

No doors
Cage still needs to be tied to frame in mid and rear. Right now just mounted to sheet metal
Have top, but does not fit due to cage (I'm 6'1" and didnt' want to be "squished" by cage). Was going to fab spacers to put top on when needed.
Body is all sawzalled for tire clearance. I did not drive this on street.
One TRE needs replacing
Scouts have history of popping out of gear so transfer case handle bunge'd to hold in 4x4 low. Was going to convert rear output of 727 to a Jeep output (have parts) so I can get Dana 300 and clock it, or replace with Atlas. Didn't get that far

The so-so

Tach in dash stopped working
Has 304 engine - runs good
Nipple for overflow on radiator needs replacing, took off to move it due to clearance issues, and promptly lost it.

Asking $4500, may consider $3000 and trades, firearms , other man items that may interest me, tools, whatever...but open to all offers.

Call or text 67ATE 23O 73 (repeat last number 2 more times) if any questions

scout1.jpg

scout2.jpg

scout3.jpg

Sorry about your wreck, hope everything is ok! Bump for a nice rig at a good price!

Thanks I appreciate it. I'm just glad to be alive at this point. I was driving a F350 Crewcab Dually, and they found my rear axle 4 houses down from point of impact. My truck was totalled, my car hauler had both axles ripped off and trailer went up on it's side (with a corvette I had just purchased strapped to it). I was paralyzed in my left arm for a while, and well, like I said, I'm just happy to be alive. Unfortunately injuries to my neck and back will prevent me from doing any serious offroading, and plus the wife is very nervous for me, so that means the Scout has to go to someone who can enjoy it.

I may part it out if no one buys it.

I'll be praying for a full recovery! I bet thet guy's insurance company hates him now (if he heven had insurance!)

Would like to awesome picks you can text them to me at 706-255-8332 thanks

Thank you rbranham, I appreciate it very much.

It was a she, a mother, son and daughter. They took off from scene. I had to get a lawyer since there is so much stuff to go through......

FatJack, texted pics......thanks for interest

Parting out.....

Tires/wheels/beadlocks may be spoken for, someone is interested.

2k for both axles......

give offers on anything else

Bumpity Bump

Make offer!! Want this gone, everything still available either parting out or the whole vehicle!