• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

87 Samurai making problems...

Cherokee Johnny

Rockmart, GA.
I have an 87 Samurai that is making a loud bearing or bushing noise with the clutch out, stops when you press clutch in. Anyone ever ran accross that and can tell me what it is? Thanks, Johnny

Re: 87 Samurai making noise

Bearings in the trans,throwout bearing will do it with the clutch in,i have had several zukis a nd had the same problem.i just found another trans,if interested i have a good one for 200.

Fixed it!! The trans drain was about out and the dope had drained out, fill her up and no noise! That was luck because I just bought it yesterday thinking it needed a transmisson. Thanks for all the help.

Ok got another problem with the Sami, idles good revs good sitting still, but when you go to pull off it starts cutting out. It was sitting for about a year before I got it, just wondering if any of you Sami guru's would know if its a common problem and a fix for it....

Sounds like it's a POS and not worth your time........I'll give you $300 for it sight unseen

Cherokee Johnny said:
Ok got another problem with the Sami, idles good revs good sitting still, but when you go to pull off it starts cutting out. It was sitting for about a year before I got it, just wondering if any of you Sami guru's would know if its a common problem and a fix for it....
fuel filter or carb is gummed up. I've had several zuks all with stock carbs, Seafoam does wonders. Put some in the gas and pour some straight in the carb, smokes like hell but works good

Sounds like it needs a Mexican tune up, although a fuel filter wouldn't hurt.

Also make sure the float on the carb is working ok, mine acted kind of that way when the needle valve thingy went to ****.

HA!.......the title of this thread is the story of my life :****:

And yes a stock zuk carb is a pile of PURE CRAP on top of a manifold :puke:

Fixed It!!!!!!! Run like a....well...a stock 1.3 Samurai....but it runs smooth :driving: The intake had piug in the warm-up pipe that is suppose to go over to the exhaust to heat it up faster in cold wheather, just smothering it at high rpms. Woot Woot!!