• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

90's throw back....Manche build

whiskeymakin said:
I can only imagine some of the gas station conversations you will have hahaha

If it's anything like around here it'll go "hey man, u goin' muddin'?......., oh, it's built for the rocks/desert......I had a Cherokee on 31's that ran every trail in 500 miles........."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stano said:
If it's anything like around here it'll go "hey man, u goin' muddin'?......., oh, it's built for the rocks/desert......I had a Cherokee on 31's that ran every trail in 500 miles........."

It's like you've been there at every gas station I've ever pulled the jeep into.....

Re: Re: 90's throw back....Manche build

mcutler said:
She certainly was a good one. I wish the current owner... don't know who it is now, would put her back in service. (I think it's changed hands about 3 times so far). I sold it only needing a motor (and harness) and th350... seriously, even sent it with the steering pump and exhaust manifolds...????

It worked too well, and looked good doing it, to sit in a building collecting dust.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It's back together and for sale.has a 6.2 out of a 2013 camaro now.clean build on the buggy

Re: Re: Re: 90's throw back....Manche build

Rockwells607 said:
Saw this at rbd it€™s awesome!
Thanks, it was nice meeting you guys!... And seeing that super slick new buggy.
zjtrey said:
Congrats on completion.... if any buggy is ever complete..

Forgive me if you've posted this but how did you go about getting it tagged in NC? I could have a lot more fun if I could get a tag on my buggy..
So true.
Nothing special, went to dmv with title and inspection slip, paid and walked out with a tag, its still a 1990 jeep Comanche pickup as far as the state is concerned. No emissions in my county, only visual safety inspection.
whiskeymakin said:
I can only imagine some of the gas station conversations you will have hahaha
stano said:

The Luke said:
It€™s like you€™ve been there at every gas station I€™ve ever pulled the jeep into.....
Same damn gas station here....lmaoCool, got a link to the ad? Just curious.

Molly Hatchet said:
Super nice work man. One-off build! Congrats!!! Now go launch it!
Thanks! Hope to get in the trail again by new years

Happen to get any videos of this beast in action at RBD?

You need to start another build thread so we have something to follow!

bbtank45 said:
Happen to get any videos of this beast in action at RBD?

You need to start another build thread so we have something to follow!
No, my co-pilot (11 yr old) too lazy to get out, even to help with the winch.

Hopefully soon.

Still more to come, thread isn't over yet!

How did you manage to go to a park, named after the biggest offroad film company in the universe, where cameras are stashed in every tree and rock, and escape without getting a single video? This thing is truly a sleeper.

Or you're actually Fab1.....

The Luke said:
How did you manage to go to a park, named after the biggest offroad film company in the universe, where cameras are stashed in every tree and rock, and escape without getting a single video? This thing is truly a sleeper.

Or you€™re actually Fab1.....
You got me....

I got a free 05 sd60 axle sitting here.... but my wife charges $650 per hour to drive past the house to the shop ...

Beats the hell out of me on the film comment, but the times I saw Matt in the woods, he was riding with his bouncer and others, behind us. Chatted with Cole many times at the pavilion... but never saw him in the woods. Both @madram11 and @bustedknucklefims did a walk around at the pavilion beside Cole's trailer though, that was pretty cool.

Did talk to Carter, and Ricky B @speeding, about somewhere to get the truck up to speed, but there was a campground speed limit in effect, and we didn't want to invite any unwelcome attention, or cause any problems... maybe next time.

mcutler said:
Did talk to Carter, and Ricky B @speeding, about somewhere to get the truck up to speed, but there was a campground speed limit in effect, and we didn't want to invite any unwelcome attention, or cause any problems... maybe next time.

Had a blast night riding with you saturday night! as for the go fast we were hauling through the woods pretty fast and keeping up. Seemed to soak up anything and everything you put it through!

Re: Re: Re: 90's throw back....Manche build

xjkrawler said:
Had a blast night riding with you saturday night! as for the go fast we were hauling through the woods pretty fast and keeping up. Seemed to soak up anything and everything you put it through!
Yea man, that was a good evening ride!

A little more tuning/ seat time and she'll be even better. It's a blast to drive on the road as well, handles better than anything else I own, lol.

We'll do it again soon.

Saw you several times in passing at RBD. Hate i didnt get a chance to stop and talk to you. Pictures and Videos on FB dont do it justice im sure.

94xjsport94 said:
Saw you several times in passing at RBD. Hate i didnt get a chance to stop and talk to you. Pictures and Videos on FB dont do it justice im sure.
Yea, I feel like I didn't get to meet a lot of hard liners. The ones I did, don't know if I know them all by their screen names lol.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Did the best thread ever just fizzle out? I'm a little blue balled over here! :****:

This thread is super badass but I think you meant to post this in the thick chick thread! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

onepieceatatime said:
This thread is super badass but I think you meant to post this in the thick chick thread! Lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

No, my crawler is a thick chick. This is a skinny minnie, but I ain't gonna lie, hitit !!!

5BrothersFabrication said:
Did the best thread ever just fizzle out? Get any of those minor fixes done? Any more wheelin going on? I'm a little blue balled over here! :****:
No sir, just been extremely busy with holiday business traffic and of course the holidays.

Shop time coming back here in a week or so.

I have been driving it regularly around town. Has about 125 miles on it, 5 miles at a time, lol.

mcutler said:
No sir, just been extremely busy with holiday business traffic and of course the holidays.

Shop time coming back here in a week or so.

I have been driving it regularly around town. Has about 125 miles on it, 5 miles at a time, lol.

How does it do at speed? Had it up to 70-80 mph yet?

Do you think you could use it as a hardcore expedition vehicle?

I've been going back and forth about having a mechanical link and saw Goatbuilt's subframe for a 3-link.