• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

92 4runner future build need input.

mcbadwish

Well I've been out of wheelin for a couple of years now and its killin me so its time for a new rig. Was wondering what you guys thought of the setup i''m planning.
I already have a high pinion 60 and sterling 10.5, 350 and a 4.3 and propane kits for both, 700r4.
I'm thinking 203/205 doubler, 3link in the front 4 in the back and some fox 2.0's, 40" Irok's and 5.38's with a zip locker in the front and welded in the rear, and air bumps. Mostly looking for input right now on what you guys think i should do. I'm planning to cut to fit mostly right now im over monster trucks and as close to flat belly as I can get.

Another thing im not too sure where to mount propane tanks in a runner im thinkin in the cargo area is kinda hairy. I might just go tbi.

JMO, take it with a grain of salt,,,,,

The round/4 door runners are a pile. The frame has a botched link job to clean out so its like doing two SAS, etc. The front doors are girl sized and the window is not big enough to hang an arm out. The tailgate is a POS. The thing is heavy. The cup holder sucks.

And linked trucks are a PITA to build for not much gain. All that building around bodies and frames is a bitch and it wont work like a linked buggy.

None of your build uses any toyota parts except the body. Why a round heavy, piggy, 4 door, 4runner? And good luck with that B-pillar, they get trashed.

Im a form believer that a leafed (light/low) buggy/truggy will out wheel a trick linked up TRUCK.

I just dont like 4 door runners unless they are for a wife.

Just my .02 :beer:

Yeah I have always built leaf sprung rigs and I thinkin it would be cool to have fancy links but your right. Especially after trying to work a link calculator it has my head spinning. I got the runner for cheap clean body bad h/g 3.slow. Im too big of a ***** for a buggy, it rains too much here. Maybe ill off the runner and find a truck.

Blazer rears up front with a V8. And chevy 63s out back.

Do you have a family or need for the back seat and extra doors? If not I would use a truck. Cost isnt really a concern cuz you just need a shell.

Hollow extracab, cut off the nose to make room for v8 and tooob! Toss the bed and add more tooob. Dont need no doors.

The hipinion ford stuff is the hot ticket tho. It cost ALLOT of loot to 203/205 a chevy with chevy cases.

But a th400 can be doubled to a ford 205 for half the cost and already has big outputs. The front shaft will be tucked up out of harms way and the reverse cut gears are stronger than a LP set.

What springs would you run with a sbc?

AND use the SBC. The only reason to run a 4.3 is if you have wimpy axles.

With a v8 you will get the power for the fuel. The 4.3 will just eat fuel LIKE a v8. A 4.3 is a heavy turd. Your 75% of the way to a v8, why even waste time with a 4.3?

Cant beat a SBC for cheap.

a th350 203 is 27 spline and pretty much bolts right up to a 700r4 and the $500 adapter will accept a ford 205. I probably have the runner sold now im lookin for a extra cab.