• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Shock DD?

jkwebbie

I found a great deal on a set of Fox 2.0 14" air shocks and was thinking about putting them on my 2 door Jeep JK. Has anyone ever daily drove their rig with air shocks on them? I would only be putting these shocks on the rear of my Jeep. What's y'alls opinion? I'm just wondering if I could do it or would it just be too much trouble?

Nah...

Seems like a magazine tried it a couple of years ago on the ft it of a TJ. It was a fail on the street.

I feel like putting pogo sticks on a Jk is going backwards. Just do what the rest of the gayK peeps do, buy the biggest ORIs you can find and rock out.

At the very least a non remote resi co. Air shocks develop too much heat and will fatigue like a fat broad on a treadmill.

You've been given the same advice to the same question on multiple forums. If your just shopping around waiting for the opinion you want to hear, why not just go ahead and buy them and try it? You apparently have your mind made up, by your responses elsewhere to advice given by people, that are experienced, and have taken time to post to your question.

Matt

I think it sounds like a fantastic idea! I know a guy who's brothers friend put 3 on each corner to offset the fading.

mcutler said:
You've been given the same advice to the same question on multiple forums. If your just shopping around waiting for the opinion you want to hear, why not just go ahead and buy them and try it? You apparently have your mind made up, by your responses elsewhere to advice given by people, that are experienced, and have taken time to post to your question.

Matt

X2

Re:

I drove quite a few miles at relative speed this weekend. I could feel a difference at the end for sure. Negative on Air Shocks on the road there Ghostrider. Buy them cheap and resell for a profit, but dont put them on a DD.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Re: Re:

lowbudgetjunk said:
I drove quite a few miles at relative speed this weekend. I could feel a difference at the end for sure. Negative on Air Shocks on the road there Ghostrider. Buy them cheap and resell for a profit, but dont put them on a DD.

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk
Not to mention that end was probly jacked to full extension when you finally stopped.

Yea I figured they wouldn't be the best for on road use, just didn't know if anyone had done it before. I knew they wouldn't hold up over time, just didn't know how much time. I didn't know that when they got hot that they would jack them selves up, I can only imagine how funny that would look driving down the road :rolf: