• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Air Shock Help

mikemounlio

I am rebuilding my buggy. I had to let the pressure out of the air shocks to get them out safely. What is the best way to refill and re install?

X2 for redneck

I use an engine hoist to fully extend my shocks then use our nitro tank for filling tires to charge them. I use the gauges on the regulator to monitor pressure. Has been pretty safe for me

LightBnDr said:
X2 for redneck

I use an engine hoist to fully extend my shocks then use our nitro tank for filling tires to charge them. I use the gauges on the regulator to monitor pressure. Has been pretty safe for me

That's how I do it, but with a high lift (sketchy) one at a time or a fork lift if I can and do both at the same time. I run about 375cc oil with about 210 psi in my fox 2.0's to get 5-6" of shaft on the rig in my cig.

I dont have a nitrogen setup yet. I will have to take the shocks to a friends house have them charged up. I do have a 2 ton engine lift so i guess that will help out. Ill just bleed each shock off untill i get my uptravel i want.

i also have two friends with sami's on fox air shocks one has some how screwed around and let the air out of his and the other just wants to adjust his we have a shop lift that we can lift the whole rig off the ground and do all four at the same time but we've been debating the best "broke mans way" to do it a little more info on usually how much pressure or best way to apply :popcorn: :dunno: :dunno:

Man I'd avoid bleeding pressure under load to set ride height. It sprays oil all over and then you really can't be accurate.
Just my opinion I spose. It's always made a mess when I hit that valve core with a pick

So raise the front bleed to a set pressure lower and check. Repeat until i get a ride height i want?

I would highly advise to take your rig to your friends place and raise it, charge shocks, lower and check ride height. You can not accurately bleed off the pressure without a charging kit.