• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alert for all you SxS guys!!!! (GRAPHIC!)

johneddie said:
Had surgery, doing good

That's great to hear! That's bad luck but some really good luck to be ok. I witnessed a stick go between someone's armpit and stuck into the seat out riding last fall. The only thing that saved them was a thick carhartt jacket. This is the reason my buggy has side and roof panels!

I was behind him when it happened. (In a rzr) he wasn't going very fast. Speeded up to hit the hill and the rzr lifted bout a foot or so off the ground and he just stopped. Passenger jump out and we knew something was wrong. The tree had been ran over from the opposite direction and it used the shock and a-arm as a guide strait into him. Luckily it broke off at the ground all at the same time. He stayed scary calm though the whole process of getting him help. Didn't bleed very much.
We're looking into some combat gaze and a small trauma kit to keep with us. If he had been bleeding it may have turned out very different.
null_zps7e3cfe63.jpg

This is the very reason I won't harder ride with anyone in a SXS. We were riding at wilburn, I was in the passenger seat of a rhino, pin top rode the a arm up through the firewall. Hit me in the lower stomach and pinned me to the seat. 6 more inches and I would have been full on impaled through the gut. Scary stuff

That is crazy and glad he is ok. I was running a trail at pretty good pace in a rzr s and a stick came straight up threw the floor board (factory skid plates) we were lucky the stick was not long enough to stick our leg or anything.

Lickliter21 said:
I was behind him when it happened. (In a rzr) he wasn't going very fast. Speeded up to hit the hill and the rzr lifted bout a foot or so off the ground and he just stopped. Passenger jump out and we knew something was wrong. The tree had been ran over from the opposite direction and it used the shock and a-arm as a guide strait into him. Luckily it broke off at the ground all at the same time. He stayed scary calm though the whole process of getting him help. Didn't bleed very much.
We're looking into some combat gaze and a small trauma kit to keep with us. If he had been bleeding it may have turned out very different.
null_zps7e3cfe63.jpg

Glad nobody tried to pull the stick out!

Glad to hear the guy is going to be alright, and definitely an eye opener. But this could just as easily happen in a lot of the buggies running the trails nowadays as most of them are just tube chassis with very little protection from branches and rocks coming inside and most don't have aluminum roofs to keep stuff from flying inside when rolling over.

Re:

Last time I was out in my buggy a log about 7' long and 1.5 feet dia a came through my passenger side cage opening/window and nailed me directly in the face. It smooshed my helmet into my face and pinned my head sideways against the seat. It must have been wedged against the embankment because as the buggy drove forward it just pinned me harder. I let of the gas and had to back up before I could even turn my head to see wtf hit me. I walked away with a fat lip. If not for the helmet I am 100 percent certain I would have spent the next couple weeks in surgery getting my face reconstructed.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

TacomaJD said:
****, it would right there! I still gots that part! :****:

It's really a 1000 wonders that sumbitch didn't rip up that big ole femoral artery! It's gotta be damn near touching that stick in that picture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_artery

Soon as the few of the nurses that was riding at the park came on scene they was worried it might be. When the medic got there he thought the same and called the heilo to take him to the hospital. Nobody wanted to take any chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a buddy with the same hole in a rzr... Also had a log come in my buggy on flat ground that put me in the roof of my buggy had to slap my power switch to stop an some friends had to help me move the log.. Sticks ant no joke :****:

that is why my buggy has full floor ,firewall ,roof and side panels to help to prevent things from coming in glad to here he is going to be ok didn't look good being there

Re: Re: Re: Alert for all you SxS guys!!!! (GRAPHIC!)

alli85 said:
That is crazy and glad he is ok. I was running a trail at pretty good pace in a rzr s and a stick came straight up threw the floor board (factory skid plates) we were lucky the stick was not long enough to stick our leg or anything.

Same happened to a buddy with a his rhino. Its been parked for about a year. We've been looking/talking about doing a real floor in it. I'd say this thread sealed the deal.

Re: Re: Re: Alert for all you SxS guys!!!! (GRAPHIC!)

The Luke said:
Same happened to a buddy with a his rhino. Its been parked for about a year. We've been looking/talking about doing a real floor in it. I'd say this thread sealed the deal.

My Rhino gas 1/4" aluminum floor and firewall. Did that soon after I got it in 2006.