• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

alternative to heims

kushKrawlin said:
Patooyee.. I have the Barnes Enduro joints.. Been runnin them since I built it.. Made to take them off and tighten spanner almost everydam ride.. AND, they just can't hold up to the pressure of the link front.. and being they don't make a tool for them yet Ya have to knock the hell out of them with a punch.. And better be careful or Ya will fubar the spanner nut. Also the threads are as thin as a hair.. Which means, a lot of pressure and BOOM it blows out the threads and is DONE. Me and a buddy both have them, after a ride he called and told me about his third link joint blowing out. I had not even looked at mine.. So I decided I would go ahead and look at it and I'll be dammed!! I figured on his it was from no maintenance, but i'm pretty OCD about my **** on the other hand. So I know that's not the case. Come to find out me and my buddy were the only two people in the world that had a failure with these joints!! :rolf: I will say that Brad at Barnes shipped a new one as soon as I talked to him. And just ask if I could to send it back so they could study it. I did. I'm not bad mouthing Barnes, they are one of my favorite vendors, and I still order **** all the time from them, but I think ALL REBUILDABLE joints are more for the street/trail rigs IMO a. And if i know anyone that wont like Em, its FOR SURE your ass! Haha. Granted I never heard a squeak, but I would rather hear squeak, and have to spray it rather than have to get down and take all the links off all the time to tighten the things up. And yes it's all the time. I just wanted to chime in so Ya may not waste a **** ton of money. I know you brother hesikai. Bahaha u may be worse than me when it comes to Buyers anxiety! Ha.

Thanks. I don't think plastic bushings belong in a rebuild-able joint and most of them do use plastic bushings. EMF and Ballistic are the only ones I've found so far that use a metallic bushing. If I do end up replacing my heims I'm heavily leaning towards EMF, mainly because I've just heard too many shady stories about Ballistic.

You could always get some joints from Kush. Then you wouldn't care what it sounded like.

Re:

Wow this makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...I went with the Enduro s also...

Guess we'll see.. haven't had a chance to get mine rolling yet

matth_85 said:
You could always get some joints from Kush. Then you wouldn't care what it sounded like.

Too funny! ! :rolf: Kush is cool as the other side of the pillow, text a few times about parts ect. But that's just funny molaugh

I have also thought of using some type of covering over the hiem to keep the lubricant in and debris out. I know MWC makes a cover, seal to do this. Probably be ugly as hell but may be a good fix. :dunno:

Have you looked at the metal cloak joints? I think they are called duroflex. Seems more inline with dual purpose street/trail but if they would hold up they seem like a decent product theory.