• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Alternator tech.

skipnrocks

The alternator that I have for my buggy has a rectangle connector. With four prongs on the inside. I don't have the wiring connector so I'm not sure how many wires were originally hooked up. But my wiring harness for my CPU is a one wire set up. Should I just go and buy a one wire alternator for simplicity? Or will this one work?

What engine/alternator do u have?? The one on my 1999 5.3 has the big plug but only 1 wire in it. So I assume u could use it just like the older gm 1 wires..

So I found an adapter harness part number EC 82 from Napa. But it doesn't come with instructions just two wires one red and one yellow but not where to hook them up? Any ideas?

One more detail I do have a wire in my harness for the computer for an alternator. My guess is this attaches to the yellow wire and the red wire attaches to an ignition hot or the back post on the alternator.

And another question is do I need any fuses in this system? I would like to try and start this thing over the weekend but don't want any thing to get toasted.

Latest posts