• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired Alum propane tanks

Re: Alum propane tanks

Call the propane places. Some "rent" tanks for a nominal fee.

I pay a couple of buck each per year and the "owners" deal with dates and valve/pickup tube issues.

I work at a cotton warehouse and we used to run propane lifts. Now we have diesel lifts. I can get some tanks but they are about 8 gallons I think. Would those work?

Re: Alum propane tanks

If you don't mind if you find some extras decent price let me know. I'm in Columbia too

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Some places will re certify tanks. L&L in Tuscumbia did one for me recently for 15$.

greenlion said:
Some places will re certify tanks. L&L in Tuscumbia did one for me recently for 15$.

unfortunately southern gas and the other gas/welding gas suppliers aren't that nice. between 80-100 bucks / tank, and i can buy a new one for 130+propane.... recirts are only 5 years from what i was told, new tanks are either 10 or 12

If you can buy new aluminum #33 tanks for $130.00 you need to get them before someone figures out that is below cost. The tanks I have in stock cost me more than that and I buy straight from Manchester. As far as re-certifying the tank is good for 7 years each time. Your best bet is to get with a propane marketer since welding supply outfits purchase their propane from them and resell it. I don't think I have ever seen a welding outfit with reasonable pricing concerning propane.

No problem. As I said, that is 10% above my cost and I buy straight from Manchester. If anyone can get aluminum #33 cylinders at the cheap prices I am seeing here grab all you can. Anyone that knows me will tell you I don't BS anyone and my prices are fair. And yes, getting a new #43 aluminum cylinder with fuel for $175.00 is a great deal. Just be prepared, some day someone is going to figure out they are selling them for less than their cost.