• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any cavers/spelunkers on here?

hold my beer watch this

Me and a few buddy's went this past weekend to pettyjon's cave in Lafayett,Ga,my second time,there first,had a really good time we were trying to do the small loop and see the racoon room,bridge room,and echo room,but couldn't find our way past the racoon room.Would also like to check out Ellison's cave but don't know about doing the 440' reppel a little to sketchey with out very experienced people.Is there anyone on here that has expierience with eighter of the two?We are planing another trip within the next couple months if anybody is interestead in going?

There was a part of me that thought about it at one time.. Now there's the entire me it says **** that! Haha. That **** is insane! I have seen pictures of some people And some **** that made me claustrophobic just looking at it. I'm not sure when it happened, but not too long ago I started thinking about **** killing me haha. At some pretty crazy ****. And I assume there's probably different levels or whatever, i'm talking about the one where you can barely fit through the ****. No way Jose. You have any pics?you should post up if you do!! Some badass ****, I just feel like that's something I don't need to do. Ha. :****:

kushKrawlin said:
There was a part of me that thought about it at one time.. Now there's the entire me it says **** that! Haha. That **** is insane! I have seen pictures of some people And some **** that made me claustrophobic just looking at it. I'm not sure when it happened, but not too long ago I started thinking about **** killing me haha. At some pretty crazy ****. And I assume there's probably different levels or whatever, i'm talking about the one where you can barely fit through the ****. No way Jose. You have any pics?you should post up if you do!! Some badass ****, I just feel like that's something I don't need to do. Ha. :****:
Haha yeah man if your claustrophobic at all probley dont want to do it,there has been some spots in caves where I have had to push all the air out of my lungs and pull my self through,now that did start to get to me but best thing to do is not panic.We did get some pics but it was on one of those old ass cameras you have to wind up,wife wouldn't let me take her good camera probley a good thing,but I will try and post some pic for yall asap.Hell I think it would be worth going just to see the main room and its very easy to get to,I would check that out and the blue hole around there it pretty cool.

xjcrawler said:
Yeah to hell with going in holes like that ,now that I have a wife and son that depends on me I look at life a lot different,I do alot less dumb **** to get hurt,when we do go caving im usually the first one to try the holes just to make sure there safe for everybody else,In no way am I gonna put anybody elses life in jeopardy if I feel its unsafe we find another way or just turn around.

Grew up going through Lava Beds National Monument in California with my brothers and father when I was young, when I was young, but now, NO and HELL NO. That's just a part of being young and fearless, now I have a lot more to lose besides my mind. There was a thread on here a couple of years back with pictures I think Ricky B posted up of some caves in blount county that were underground bars during prohibition or something like that. Pretty cool stuff. :****:

offroadr1 said:
Dry caves are easy. The real fun are underwater caves

done a serious amount of caving. anything with more than a bit water always gets me. especially belly crawls in underground streams.

I dropped Ellison about 15 years ago. Me and some friends were into vertical caving and I must admit that particular cave is probably the most memorable! Look it up on Google and you will know why! It is not for beginners and you really need a group of 4-5 to make it easier. We bought a brand new rope back in the day just to go do the "Fantastic Pit" side which is 586'. The 440' side is called" Incredible" and although I have never done that side, I hear it is also an awesome drop. It took us about 12 hours to go in drop and climb out so plan on an all day trip. Also you need to be in fairly good physical condition! It is a hell of a climb back out and people have actually died from hyperventilating while on the rope. If you really want to do the big vertical caves I suggest getting involved with the Huntsville, AL or Birmingham, AL grotto. You can look them up online. They usually meet at least once a month and there are a lot of experienced cavers in those two groups because some of the best vertical caves in the U.S. are in the area where Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia come together.. Also, if you are interested I still have a lot the gear that I don't use anymore.

Thanks,
Ron

Yeah to hell with going under water that's not for me.Hey Ron do you happen to know if there is a different way into Ellison's cave to were you don't have to repel into it?

CHASMAN9 said:
Grew up going through Lava Beds National Monument in California with my brothers and father when I was young, when I was young, but now, NO and HELL NO. That's just a part of being young and fearless, now I have a lot more to lose besides my mind. There was a thread on here a couple of years back with pictures I think Ricky B posted up of some caves in blount county that were underground bars during prohibition or something like that. Pretty cool stuff. :****:

Sounds like you are talking about the thread I started on The Lost Sea, underground lake/cave system up in Sweetwater, TN. It used to be called The Cavern Tavern back in the old days, per the story that the tour guides tell.

I've been to The Lost Sea 3 times and really would like to do the "wild tour" that actually is more like caving than just a guided tour on a man made path throughout the cave like what I've done. Just one of those things I've never made time for or had enough friends interested in it either.

Lost Sea thread link, pics on 2nd page. Wish you could see the lake better, it was too dark to capture a good pic. It's really spectacular to get that far down and there just be a bigass lake there. Reminds me of the movie The Cave....which was scary as ****. It's composed of all of my phobias pretty much lol.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27035.25

hold my beer watch this said:
Yeah to hell with going under water that's not for me.Hey Ron do you happen to know if there is a different way into Ellison's cave to were you don't have to repel into it?

No there's not. There is another really cool cave on Pigeon Mt. Called Anderso's cave that doesn't require any rappelling

TacomaJD said:
Sounds like you are talking about the thread I started on The Lost Sea, underground lake/cave system up in Sweetwater, TN. It used to be called The Cavern Tavern back in the old days, per the story that the tour guides tell.

I've been to The Lost Sea 3 times and really would like to do the "wild tour" that actually is more like caving than just a guided tour on a man made path throughout the cave like what I've done. Just one of those things I've never made time for or had enough friends interested in it either.

Lost Sea thread link, pics on 2nd page. Wish you could see the lake better, it was too dark to capture a good pic. It's really spectacular to get that far down and there just be a bigass lake there. Reminds me of the movie The Cave....which was scary as ****. It's composed of all of my phobias pretty much lol.
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=27035.25
Yeah I have been to the lost sea twice always wanted to do the wild tour,I think you have to have 12 people to do it though,so far we have 8 that will go,so if your interestead in going that would be cool,if so we could try and find a few more people and go one weekend.