• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any own or have advice on a class C motorhome

PixbyNick

Im wanting to eventually get a class C motorhome, something around 25ft give or take. Most i have looked at have either a ford v10 or chevy 6.0 vortec gas engine. Which motor do you think is better? Not worried about fuel mileage. All it would ever be pulling is a 6x12 utility trail and rzr.

Either is fine in my opinion. I have a 32ft class c with the v10, no issues at all. I have heard similar with the Chevy.

some of the V10's had problems with cylinder walls crackings, not sure what years were affected but might wanna do a quick google search if buying used. putin a motor in a motorhome is big money

yea alot of the fords have that problem. but ive ever only seen the V10's blow cylinders out

Even though you are currently talking about only pulling a RZR on a small utility trailer, really check into teh tow ratings on what ever you look at. I found out when I bought mine, the limitation is usually due to the frame, not the GCWR or the Hitch itself, but rather due to the extensions behind the axles. If you absolutely know you will never pull more than 5000 lbs, probably not an issue but if you think you may ever do so, bear it in mind.

P.S. Either of the drivetrains you mentioned will easily pull what you are asking.

Re: Re: Any own or have advice on a class C motorhome

Transmissions and frame extensions are the weak points. Add extra trans coolers and keep it shorter if you want to tow more weight.

Super Cs are the way to go for towing but $$.