• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any tax pros on here or turbotax users with bad luck?

84turbotoy

So I'm curious if anyone has ever had a problem with TT, filed my taxes last year and got back a ton of money but seems as though the app put the wrong info in the wrong places, ie. i paid as much taxes as I had earned :eek:. So when I noticed the large return I purchased their audit defense, !00 bucks I figured would keep me outta the woods. Got a letter from the state saying there is issues, Taxaudit.com is the audit company they use and what a bunch off asshats with insane hours. Anyway if I never typed in info as in i took a photo of the w2 and the app entered it then they would be liable for the 6 grand or so I should owe back in my mind, what is you guys opinions or actual pro advice?

Re:

Do you have a business? Is it is simple return? Do you itemize?

I have multiple businesses. I pay $250 a month and 1800 to file. I try not to give the .gov a dime throughout the year that isn't theirs.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Costs me $120 for a local tax professional to do mine, that's cheap for piece of mind. Always seem to get back a decent amount.

Because of situations like yours, I have been afraid to deviate from letting a CPA do mine. Plus, whatever it costs you for tax prep can be deducted from your taxable income the following year. thumb.gif

Good luck Bert, hopefully you get it straightened out and then I'd suggest finding a local CPA you can trust and plan to do business with for a long time. :drinkers:

Well up until January of this year I was a heavy equipment mechanic for a pipeline company in Birmingham, I itemized all of my snapon tools as decutions every year and depreciated them. I had 18k in tool purchases for the last physical year of return so I thought the refund was accurate but I'd never itemized that much expense on a return before. Since then I've purchased a service truck and went on my own, I will be going with a cpa this time but I'm in a pretty fair pickle at this point with last years return.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

That sucks man, if you have a CPA you trust, or can get a friend to recommend one, you should be able to call them and they give you suggestions on what to do. But it sounds like you gonna be fighting the IRS and that's kinda like fighting the law, you know how that goes. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I've got a guy here in lebanon that's been a family friend for years. I used TT for years til I got a letter from the IRS saying I owed 2500. I took it to him and ten minutes later, the IRS owed me $400. I will never do my own taxes again.

Several years ago I tried to claim mileage and got audited for it, basically my record keeping wasn't in the format the IRS wanted. I had filed with turbo tax and paid for the audit defense. They got it straight, basically I had to just forfeit my mileage claim part of the return. I thought they did a good job and I was thankful I paid for it.

My good buddy codes tools for that software. He used to be part of the tech support team. Not answering phones and helping out but actually fixing problems found with software stuff. I will reach out to him with your post and see if he can do anything to help.

Warewolf SD said:
My good buddy codes tools for that software. He used to be part of the tech support team. Not answering phones and helping out but actually fixing problems found with software stuff. I will reach out to him with your post and see if he can do anything to help.
Of appreciate that wolf, this taxaudit.com outfit think it's comical that I think it's a tt issue. I'd like to get ahold of that guy in commifornia and beat the **** outta him with his snide tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that. There is not a day that goes by here that I cant find somebody who deserves a good throat punch or solid cup check. Hope he comes back with something for you.