• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any tintop sammy guys...

BlacknBlue

In the snohomish, skagit or north king county area. I flopped my tintop acouple of years ago and I am now trying to straighten it out some what. Mainly enough so I can get a internal roll cage in it from Davesport and maybe possibly a windshield in it. What I need is to be able to get some measurements inside the vehicle so I can have some references to start tweaking the body too. The straighter the body the better.

Thanks,
Derrick

After the incident
IMG_0311.JPG

As it sits now
IMG_0662.JPG

Looks like an interesting project!
We do not have measurements, but why not just bob the top, roll cage it, adapt a Lextan wind shield and go for it!
:redneck:

Of course... you do not want to end up looking like this....

Monstercar2011PortTownsend.jpg

:D

I would just get the windshield and the cage and make them fit, everything is going to be outta shape and short of finding another roof to put on you're going to be spending a lot of time trying to get it perfect when it doesn't really need to be.

For the windshield, take an X measurement corner to corner and pull till they're the same. Same for the b-pillar, really. The passenger side is straight enough (not really crushed, just layed over a little) that you should be able to get decent measurements from it for the drivers side.

I can get you some measurements, but it won't be till the weekend.

Yeah my plan is not to make it perfect just driveable, I don't have a tow vehicle so I have to drive the sammy where ever I am going. I wanted to still keep some of the top because I plan on using the sammy during the fall and winter for hunting and fishing.

I looked at a soft top frame before and the damage to my windshield frame was so bad that I may end cutting mine out and build a new frame that I can mount a piece of racing lexan to (mount it like they do on nascars)

The windsheild in a sammy is flat so if you use a frame from a soft top and blend it to what is left of your roof then you should be able to put glass in it. Lexan suck when it gets scratched and you drive into the sun. What about cutting the rest of the top off and with a soft top frame and your cage you plan on using just put some sheet up top welded to the cage to keep stuff from above off you. I would at this point maybe just turn it into a soft top or even a body swap.