• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anybody got a new power stroke?

halcat

Bought a new 14 power stroke last year. Awesome truck. Started having some issues, like, leaky front diff seal, rancho shocks went to ****, funny driveline squeak at slow speeds and finally van makes a u-turn in front of me at 60mph. 9k in damage. But the engine, that's what I'm getting at. Love it.quiet strong, good milage. Gets 20mpg interstate, 18 else where. Well, I now have 34k miles on the truck now and I take it to get this service work done under warranty. as I drive across the lot, I stop to look at a 15 platinum. I drive to the service desk, make a appointment to get this work done and the salesman that seen me stop and look at the new truck asked if I want to trade. Im thinking, hummm, trucks been wrecked needs a lot of work, get second generation more powerful motor. I said " do you want to trade"? Well he did. To shorten the story some, I traded for 5grand. I couldn't resist, or believe it. Anyway, my problem is, new power stroke is stronger but is louder under the hood, I can hear the exhaust more and getting about 4 less mpg. I have about 8k miles on the truck now and I believe I am starting to here a fuel knock at cold idle. Truck is loaded with bottom end power. Just touch the fuel petal and bam! Your gone. As a Matter a fact rotated the tires at 6k miles and rear tires are half wore out already. Is the bad milage due to my driving habits? But what about the fuel knock? I did go from 3.31 to 3.55 ratio. That should be about one mpg. Anybody have any miles an the 2015 fords yet? And you dodge boys done need to say anything because I have three of them and they ain't no better. And have some chevy's too. That's pretty bad when you get on a forum and grip about a new truck.
That's all.

I don't know anything about these so I will be no help at all on this one, but I can tell you that I have been die hard chevy my whole life BUT I am wanting one of these trucks, I honestly believe that the newer body styles are the best looking trucks ford has made since 1940.

Billcow on here has a 2015 ford and as far as I know has not had any problems maybe he will chime in and let you know about his !

First check your hubs if they are locked in and not in auto it will affect your mpg also the second gen uses more fuel per injection since it has bigger injectors and a bigger turbo to make that 440 horsepower stock I would say 18-20 is best you will get with it but as far as the noise your hearing I'd say you have a injector bad leaking pressure when turned off take to dealer and have them do a relative balance test and replace the injector out of spec.

2011 6.7 Powerstroke with 95K miles here. Truck runs awesome. 20+ mpg on the highway. Had EGR cooler replaced at 85K due to extended idle time plugging EGR cooler up. Wix fuel filter under the hood had a bad connection and put the truck in limp mode and low fuel pressure message. Replaced fuel filter and all is well. Best running diesel I have ever owned, and I have had them all. Fast, powerful, quiet, and trouble free. I will be buying another one in the next 50K miles.

Ford finally got the Powerstroke figured out.

2012 here, 16mpg around town, 9.5mpg towing 8200lb haulmark. 0 problems/issues but sure would love to know how to get the mpg that most seem to claim.
Love the truck and didn't buy it to be economical, but....

mudpup said:
but sure would love to know how to get the mpg that most seem to claim.
Love the truck and didn't buy it to be economical, but....
Believe the computer mileage rather than calculating at the pump.

bgredjeep said:
Believe the computer mileage rather than calculating at the pump.

Haha exactly! I have a '12 6.7 deleted and tuned and my dash reads 16-17mpg all in town driving, but hand calculated it's 15 mpg. I am sure it could be driven to get 16-17, just not with me behind the wheel lol. I don't want anybody passing me leavin the red light.

Dirty_Stroke said:
Haha exactly! I have a '12 6.7 deleted and tuned and my dash reads 16-17mpg all in town driving, but hand calculated it's 15 mpg. I am sure it could be driven to get 16-17, just not with me behind the wheel lol. I don't want anybody passing me leavin the red light.
I seem to have the same problem.