• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone ever seen an inner c bend like this? How does this happen?

slytowncrawler2 said:
Looking at this from another angle....
Could maybe the top be fine and u bent the lower part of the C up??? Making the top lookout of place??? Hard to tell from single pic
I think you are right. I think the lower is bent up not the upper bent down.

I think it's definitely the top. The material is way thinner. I think when it bound up it pulled the top down some how. Need someone to draw it up in Cad .

Here's an normal look how the top angles up some.

f0139e0c6f18902946e5d01e71c3a4f5.jpg

Re:

Wouldn't a hit hard enough on the bottom force the top down? Them once it was bent the axle shaft couldn't turn past the bent spot.

I sure as **** wouldn't have thought I ever hit hard enough but maybe I couldn't feel it and the coilover took it all. I thought about the pressure from the offset of the wheel with the heavy ass tire but I'm damn sure not the first person to run a 3.5" backspacing with 44 tsl's.

Let's just say it's bent from a hard landing..... I still don't understand how u would not have bent the **** out the rim with 3.5" offset or the tube.... Lol ain't even my axle an it's bothering me

No my coil over is mounted on the very far side of the tubes and If I bend the tubes I screwed up because it has a 3/8" plate truss. I have a need to know how it happened. That is whats bothering me more than anything.

Re:

Haven't you ran these axles a bunch before?

I'd chalk it up to fatigue.

The upper kingpin isn't supposed up see loads like flinging a 4000lb rig into it at 40 mph, with a 40+" lever working against it

Wow ranger posted an optical illusion to me. It dang sure looks like the lower bent up but then that upper still looks stinkin weird.

So my next question is, did the ear of the inner or outer shaft catch and bind on the upper or lower part of the C?

Re:

"****" AKA TBItoy said:
Haven't you ran these axles a bunch before?

I'd chalk it up to fatigue.

The upper kingpin isn't supposed up see loads like flinging a 4000lb rig into it at 40 mph, with a 40+" lever working against it

Yes I have had these axles in 3 different rigs, so your probably right on the fatigue.

LightBnDr said:
Wow ranger posted an optical illusion to me. It dang sure looks like the lower bent up but then that upper still looks stinkin weird.

So my next question is, did the ear of the inner or outer shaft catch and bind on the upper or lower part of the C?

That was my original thought but I see no marks on the C to support the theory. I guess its just one of those things in life that make you go hmm. :dunno:

I'm with the cone shaped upper pin being forced down and out theory.
Look at the bottom race hole and see if it is a giant egg or still round. Mine egged down there and the top stayed put. I feel yours stayed close at teh bottom and the top had to go somewhere. Impressive it didn't break the knuckle (stock?)

Latest posts