• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone Recognize this Rig?

1tfrot said:
sure about that? my 42" SX2s are way better than my 42" iroks were. I've been happy with the SX2 so far. they've been to moab, Harlan, badlands (indy), and rousch and seemed to work well in all types of terrain. are they the best tire out there, maybe not, but they seem to work quite well anywhere.
Small exaggeration. I wouldn't wish iSucks or PBRs on anyone, but I wouldn't choose an SXII if I had other options, and it sounds like he does.

smbroady82 said:
That truck started life as a toyota mini truck like mine believe it or not.
Not much of it left when he was finished

Yea I was thinking that was the same guy I rode with him at Gray Rock years ago when I had my jeep and he still had the pickup together
Found these pics in a old photobucket album
grayrockmay2043.jpg

grayrockmay2041.jpg

That's it Bradley ^^^

I was trying to find a pic or two but didn't have any loaded on my photobucket.
He spent a lot of time redoing that truck to make it what it is now. I spent a lot of time watching and handing him wrenches lol

he had that 4.3 he swapped in tuned by Jims and for a 6 banger that thing would come to life!

he kept the 44 & 9in but linked it F&R obviously, ORIs, Reds
kept the yota 5spd and duals w/ rear 4.7

a lot of attention to detail, the dash was one of my favorite parts
here is the for sale ad with some good pics

http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=25986.0

Billstoy on here has 42s on Yota axles Im running 43s but on one tons

On 37in reds I have broke:

front r&p
front knuckle
2 warn hubs
2 sets of arp drive flange studs
rear shaft

I wouldn't run anything bigger on mine
Mo ran 39in reds on yotas and grenaded r&ps like it was going out of style

another thing to think about is the stress it puts on the t-case, seem a lot of them go as well

I ran 42 Iroks on H1 double beadlocks for a few years. Only broke one long field outer and one ring and pinion. I loved the tires but had to have stickies. I now run 39" reds and will never switch back. If I was out west, there is no way I would run anything but reds. This is all on a 2600lb buggy

ive ran 39 reds on my yota axles for a year now and hadn't broke anything but hub studs (one set). My axles are very built but im not at all easy on them. My reds are getting very worn and I was thinking of stepping up to a bigger tire so if u get the 42s please post up how ur axles hold up

buggy68 said:
ive ran 39 reds on my yota axles for a year now and hadn't broke anything but hub studs (one set). My axles are very built but im not at all easy on them. My reds are getting very worn and I was thinking of stepping up to a bigger tire so if u get the 42s please post up how ur axles hold up

I will, but it'll be a while before I get new tires.

BPINAZ said:
I've read that about the SX's for guys that are in areas where it's combo of wet rocks and mud. I'm in southern AZ, it's 99% dry conditions and sandy washes out here. I joined this board because I'm from Florida, it's nice to correspond with guys from back east (or at least where it's green) and there's some crazy bad ass rigs on here that I've been stealing ideas from.

We had a guy from NC join up with us with a rig that was built in Alabama, I think by Copperhead Fabrication. His rig dominated everything out here with ease. Everyone was very impressed by how well it did and how it was built. Here's a pic of it. I can almost guarantee that someone on the board knows this rig.

Think I've seen that rig on the trails at Hale Mtn before it went out west

Re: Anyone Recognize this Rig?

zukimaster said:
says the guys who went 1 tons! :****: talking about bamatoy
Who wouldn't make a even trade for tons?.........But I never broke on 42s